Intro

Dear Romeo,

Pinanganak ka na ba?

I can't wait to surprise you on your birthday and tell you how thankful I am that you exist. I can't wait to exchange smiles with you and laugh on the littlest bit of humor. I can't wait to know the things you like, or maybe we are opposites that attract.

Those were the days the seventeen year old me would hope and wonder.

Hinahanap mo rin ba ako?

I sounded like a pathetic, desperate teenager. Funny how I was being so nagmamadali. I couldn't convince myself back then that nothing comes so easy to those who expect.

Here I am now, seven years later, spending all my money's worth hopping around the world and crossing vast oceans I never would've thought about seven years ago. I remember the day when I went to the bank and withdrew the money I saved. If I met you then, I wouldn't have saved anything.

I guess I was meant for this, no strings attached, no boys to miss.

I can surprise my own self on my birthday and thank the heavens for creating me. I can exchange smiles with the people I meet and laugh even if they have the littlest bit of humor. I can do the things I like without carrying any burden ; we are opposites that never attracted after all.

Just like the north and south poles, kahit anong ikot ng mundo, hindi magtatagpo.

I wont close this letter with the typical "Love, Juliet", because I'm not Juliet and I never loved.

Not yours truly,      
Luisa

Trouvé L'amour
Found Love