Aditi

I am dead. That's the thought that came to me when Sandesh opened his eyes and stared at me with an questioning gaze.

I was trying to calm him down as he was struggling in his sleep. He must have seen a disturbing nightmare. I moved his hairs with my hands and rubbed his sweat, just the way a mother would do to her son -I hope I was doing that because I looked at him as my brother- I kept wondering what he was so disturbed by when he suddenly opened his eyes.

"I...I...." I thought about what to say and added "I...was just trying to calm you" and smiled awkwardly.
Sandesh didn't said anything for a while. After few minutes he said "thanks."
I thought that I should clarify myself about why I was in his room so I said "I was here to see how you are doing. I mean I'm really thankful for what you did yesterday and I'm really sorry."
"You don't have to be sorry it wasn't your fault."
I smiled and left the room.

Later that day, everyone were busy decorating the house for the engagement  ceremony. I went to Ayesha who was quite busy and said " can I help you?"
"Yep. Can you help me sew the flowers."
There was a lot of marigold near her. It was so beautiful. I agreed to her at once and started doing it. All I had to do was to sew the flower in a long thread.

I was about to put the needle inside the flower when I saw Sandesh talking to his grandmother and he was smiling. I had seen his smile once before and now there he was smiling again. My heart started to beat abnormally and I had this uncomfortable feeling around my chest. I stared at him and thought about how he saved me and how much I wanted to save him by bringing back happiness in his life.
"Shit I fell for him." That was the thought that came in my mind. I was scared. I had never felt that way before. I had liked people before but it was just a crush and it wasn't like the one with Sandesh.

I looked down and started to sew the flowers. I questioned myself why I fell for him. Was it because of his looks or because he save me or was it his story? I had no idea. I blocked myself from thinking about him but my stupid brain started thinking about marrying him and having his baby. I visualized marrying him, I was wearing a white gown, he was wearing a white suit and he was waiting for me to walk toward him. I even visualized kissing him. I was about to visualized more stupid things but suddenly Sandesh's grandmother called me. I jumped out of shock and blood started to flood out of my middle finger. I put my finger inside my mouth.

"Are you ok?" She asked.
"Ya." I smiled.
"Sorry I frighten you. I just wanted to tell you that you don't have to work. You are our guest you shouldn't work."
"No garne it's ok."
"No we will feel guilty and embarrassed if you work. You are our guest, we are supposed to provide you a rich hospitality."
I smiled and said "ok."
I stood up and started to walk away. Garne started to find someone else to sew the flowers. She was quite a nice person and friendly. I guess her DNA was what made Ayesha so sociable. Sandesh's grandmother was of my height and look about 75-80 years old. She was the oldest in the family and  controlled everything. I mean I have seen how all the family member respected her and loved her. All of them did what she said, though it didn't seemed like she was a strict person. I guess they all really respect her.

I was standing near a tree and watched  everyone else doing their job. Ayesha was busy carrying things in and out. The groom however was no where to be seen. The groom's father was on phone And so was his mother. Grane was observing the worker and guiding them. I searched for Sandesh and found him on his phone walking out towards the road.
I saw Papu- Sandesh nephew- falling down when he was running with an ice cream. He cried and his mother followed him and started cheering him and hugged him. I smiled while watching them.

Suddenly I remembered my parents and ran towards Sandesh.
He was standing near the road watching everywhere. I walked towards him and asked him hurriedly "how is my mother doing?" He had a blank expression. "I.. I just remembered my parents so I thought of asking you. I mean I can't believe I lost myself here. Your family is so good and you are soo good that I forgot about my family. I shouldn't forget them right? I should be worried about them right? God I feel soooo guilty. What are you staring at say something oh my god.. What am I doing? Am I crazy. I'm not scared that I'm leaving with strangers oh my god." I looked at him and said "Sandesh I think I'm crazy. I don't know I think because of the shocks in my life recently I lost all my sensitivity. Oh my god what am I doing?"
He didn't said anything he was shocked with my behavior. I myself didn't knew what I was doing. I was terrified suddenly as I realized what happened to my parents. They were terrified about me and my mom was in the hospital. And there was me who forgot about what was really happening to my parents and leaved in fairy tale thinking about Sandesh and dreaming about marrying him and having his baby. The sandesh my kidnapper, who was the root of all my problem.

I didn't know when my tears fell, I rubbed them and more fell. I looked away while he kept staring at me. I felt embarrassed and walked away however a black car stopped in front of me and 2 guy and a women walked out of it. The women ran towards Sandesh and give him a tight hug. I looked away at once as I couldn't bare watching them hug-I was heartbroken.

I turned away and was about to walk away but Sandesh stopped me by saying " Aditi stop." I turned.
He turned to the tall guy and said "This is Akash and Akash this is Aditi"
"Hi, nice..." He couldn't finish his sentence as he came near me and looked at me properly. I looked away. He said "are you okey? Is there something wrong?"
"Yep. I'm fine. It's just something went inside my eye." I gave a smile which hardly came out of my mouth.
"Let me check your eyes" Akash said.
Another guy interrupted him when he came near me to check my eyes. He said " oii let her brother check it for her and why are you acting so weird?"
I smiled. That second guy said " I'm Rohan and we are his friends." He pointed at Sandesh.
"Are you fine? Did Sandesh hurt you?" Rohan asked though he was not  serious.
"No! I'm fine."
"Sandesh go look at her eyes. There may be some dust. "

Sandesh slightly pushed the women away and walked towards me. He hold me on my cheek and asked "are you ok?"
My cheek felt like as if it was a light and it light up after his touch. I felt strange like as if a current passed down my body.
I looked at him and stared at him. I was lost in his eyes but suddenly the women disturbed us by saying "hi I'm Isneha "

Sandesh moved apart and pushed me a bit as he realized that he was near another women while his girlfriend was still there.
I was hurt. My heart was paining.
I shake her hand and said " hi"
"So you are his new sister?"
"Yep."
"Good. I'm his girlfriend and soon we will be married." She hold his arm and kissed his hand.
I couldn't look at Sandesh as I wasn't able to bear it. 

My eyes was full of tears when she said that. I looked away and thank god none of them were looking at me. All of them were looking at the couple standing in front of me.

"Excuse me." And I walked away as calming as possible. I was rubbing my tears away. I suddenly missed mom and dad more than ever. I wanted to feel that I was also capable of love and I had someone who loved me.

I walked inside the toilet and cried heavily. 
My heart felt like it would come out. It was killing me. Things all added up my parents weren't with me and the person I felt so much affection was in love with someone else and marrying her.