chapter four ➴ harry

but now i think i might, after all of this time.

"You're invited to Millville High school's senior class reunion!" Louis read out loud with every single bit of extra expression he could add. "How does that sound?"

"How will they know what senior class?" I questioned, trying to get on Louis' nerves.

"Because I'll say RSVP to yours truly Louis Tomlinson ASAP, and they'll know exactly which reunion this is,"

"Smart," I said grabbing the remote to look through the channels.

"Will you come Harry?" Louis pleaded. "Please you're like my sidekick, we have to make a bang at the reunion. We have to show them that were more successful than all of them,"

"Oh my," I rolled my eyes. "I am not interesting in wasting a Friday night of my own going back to high school,"

"Okay, tell me the more interesting things you have planned. Enlighten me," Louis put his hands on his hips, causing me to laugh.

"You've got a point.. I'll just stay home then," I sighed. "Also, I thought Zayn was your sidekick?"

"He was in high school until he met you and you became his everything," At this point in the conversation, I felt lost in thought.

"Did he talk about me?" I asked Louis even though I had probably asked that question a helluva lot in high school.

"All. The. Time." Louis spoke as if he wasn't even exaggerating. "I don't even want to get into the details,"

I smiled to myself hoping Louis would be too into his high school reunion planning to care.

Thankfully he was. "Anyways, I was thinking of having it two weeks from now.. Meaning I should start handing out invitations now."

"Don't you have the majority of them one Facebook? Can't you just edit a photo and post that?"

"True.. You're a genius Harry!! They can repost it!!" Louis slapped me on the shoulder, and even though it was jokingly he made sure he used all of his force.

"I'm going to go to my room, okay," Louis said making his way down the hall and up the stairs.

When he was up the stairs I heard him yell. "Do not bother me Harold!"

And then I heard a door slam.

I wasn't planning on bothering him anytime soon.

I opened my phone to a follow request notification.

From Zayn.

My heart rate unexpectedly picked up as I tapped his account.

His user name was just Zayn and he was a private user. I accepted his follow request, barely stable and requested to follow him.

By the time I had refreshed my feed, Zayn had accepted my follow request.

I didn't want to stalk him, but I had to after having not seeing him for years.

I tapped his account and his icon was him and his boyfriend Liam.

It sounded weird for me to say that in my own head. I was only ever used to hearing "Zayn, aren't you dating Harry?"
And Zayn would reply with; "Yep, he's mine." And he'd hold me closer without hesitation.

I was paying attention to Zayn's icon, feeling heartbroken for absolutely no reason until I came across his most recent Instagram.

It was a photo of his hand with a huge diamond ring on his ring finger. I tried to convince myself that it was just a hand that looked similar to his, but when I tapped the photo the caption said it all.

love xx @ fakeliampayne

I closed Instagram without even leaving Zayn's account first.

He was engaged.

The boy I loved for years. The boy I gave my heart, my everything to. The boy I once kissed, the boy I once hugged. The boy I once thought I was going to love forever.

He was engaged. Zayn was engaged to someone else.

author's note:

Yo I'm literally going to go see fifth harmony live in thREE DAYS DO YOU HEAR ME CRYING

I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far!! Feedback is always welcome!!

-Alexis!!