chapter 1

Today, I visited an abandoned mall. I found a bunch of cool items, like a Nintendo 3ds. I picked up a Pokémon game for it and a bunch of new styluses. I also made a new friend there. See, we zombies cannot speak, but we understand each other with moans and grunts. My new friend has greenish white skin with one yellow rotten eye. I have n clue how she lost the other one, but it looks gross, she has roaches and spiders crawling out of her eye socket. I think I will call her Emily. Emily and I shuffled around the mall for what seemed like hours, but may have been minutes. Later, she introduced me to this tall looking male zombie that I assume is the leader of her pack. He seems okay, but for some reason I don't like him. Also, for some odd reason, I feel protective over Emily. What is this strange new feeling? I don't like it. Later I was on my way home, when a scent filled my nostrils. It was a human! A real living human being! I was hungry, so I followed the scent, hoping that nobody else has found my prize. When I got to the scene, I saw a little girl, about ten years old crying in an alleyway. She was holding what appeared to be a teddy beat in her stiff, grubby arms. She looked up at me and her eyes filled with fear and disbelief. "Zac, is that you?" How did this little girl know my name? Who cares, I was hungry. I let out a moan and she gave a squeak of fear. " Don't you recognize me it's Rosie" So that was her name. Something was familiar about her. Suddenly, I wasn't hungry anymore, so I shuffled away to my home in the theater. Maybe I could watch a movie, or go back and see Emily. The sun was setting, so I just went back home.