chapter five

As I was saying the two simple words, there was a battle going on in my mind. You know the phrase eat or be eaten? It seems like a simple phrase doesn't it? Well it wouldn't be if you were in my position. All of these mixed emotions and thoughts were just overwhelming my some what rotted mind. Should I stick to the life I had or try to move on to a new life? Even though I didn't want to be human, I figured if I got to know these humans then maybe I could regain some memories. I have felt so lost without them. So as I was pondering fight or flight I thrown back by a little girl tackling me. Suddenly I was back to reality. This was Rosie. "I missed you so much Zack. It has been so lonely without you. Ray has been all serious all the time. We never do anything fun anymore. Please come back!!!" With this she broke into tears. I tried to tell her to get off of me an then maybe I would think about coming back, but after those two words my voice had decided to take a holiday and I was once again subjected to grunts. So instead I pushed her off of me. That was a bad idea because that made Ray think I was going to attack. He raised his gun and was about to shoot until I raised my hands in defense. Then he backed off. It was then that I realised that if I was going to spend some time with these humans then I would need to keep them somewhere safe. So not even knowing where I was going, I motioned for them to follow me. The surroundings looked very familiar to me. Suddenly I looked up and we were at a place called " Conner Connely's boarding school " I walked in and instinctively walked up to a room that was numbered 781. I had this feeling deep inside that they would be safe there. I walked into a room and a wave of familiarity hit me. On the desk next to the bed was a picture of a man and a woman holding hands. They looked so in love that I wanted to barf. In the wall across from the bed was a closet which held a baseball bat and a glove on the inside which was signed " To my favorite sport " In the corner of the room was a laptop that sat on a small desk with a bunch of notes surrounding it. There was no Windows, which was bad because I had no way of seeing what was happening on the streets, and in case of emergency there was no way to get out. As I was pondering this I noticed the two humans getting on the bed to go to sleep. As I watched this I realised that I had a strong connection to these humans and thought about how this could change my life for the better or the worse.