#FML

I'm a survivor. I've been a survivor for as lon as I could remember. For as long as I could, I survived in the system. 3 days after I slipped out of that window, my neighbor stopped to check on my mother. SHe found a homicide -suicide and called the police. She looked and called for me, but I wasn't there. I was in the wind.

BUt not for long.

I got picked up by the squad car 6 days alter for shoplifting. I spent the next few years of my life being skipped from foster home to foster home. The one thing I could take with me to each home and school was my silence. Once I reached sixteen, my foster family promptly kicks me out. I had no where to go, no firneds, no relatives, so I did the only thing I knew how to do.

Survive.

"Ugh," he grunted on top of me. He had been at it for about 10 minutes. Heaving and thrusting into me. It was disgusting. I was disgusting. But after this man finishes another one would take his place, and another after that. Until my Boss was happy with the money I brought in.

My Boss is aformidible man that was called Lovelace. When I first got kicied out, he found me searching a dumpster for food.

I wasn't a willing participate at first, but I quickly learned that now that he found me, in his mind, I was his. Even if I didn't want to be, or want to do this. I had to.

HE took me fromt hat dumpster and to his house where he locked me in a closet, chained to the railing, and I wasn't alone in there.

I'm not sure how long I was in that closet, or chained to his bed, learning everything he wanted to teach me. I do know that when I left that room, I was ready to do anything with anyone.

I was told at 16 that my silence make me unique. It's what makes me, me. I quickly fgound out it made me a victim without a way out. I wound up where most teenage runwaways ended up. Prostitution.  I'd gotten caught and saw no way out, so I just existed.

Night after Night, Man after Man, I existed. I was in a hell of my own making and I couldn't see that light at the end of the tunnel.

___________________________________________________

CAINE

Another day, another case. I was so tired, tired of seeing the things I've seen. I was apart of S.W.A.T., the most rigorous and trained professional on the force. We got called in when everything went to shit and needed people who would get the job done no matter what. And I was gearing up for another bust. We were kicking in the door of an illegal brothel, the owner being who we were after. He had information of many high level players of the Drug Cartel that was taking over the southwest of the US, and we needed that information. Apparently some of his girls weren't exactly willing and his training process was something of nightmares, if the Intel was correct. We were killing two birds with one stone.

"WATERS!" Captain called from the doorway of his office. The briefing I was in was disrupted and everyone turned to look at me. To be called by the captain was not a good thing. In fact, it meant you were about to get chewed out.

"Yeah Cap?"

"My Office."

I sighed and rolled my shoulders. I stood, slid through the rows of watching teammates, and closed the door as I stepped thorough and sat down.

Cap was up there in years. Stress had taken his once think black hair and turned it to a lackluster silver with a bright bald finish. His brown beady eyes watched my every move like he was a predator and I was his prey. I didn't feel like prey. He was 40 pounds overweight and moved like he was ready for retirement. But I guess people feel like he was what needed to be here instead of retiring. The rumors were that they couldn't find anyone to replace him. We had too much crime. Not even the upstart do-gooders want to come here.

"What's up Cap?"

"You haven't been cleared for a weapon."

I leaned my head back and stared at the ceiling. This was a nightmare, I was still suspended pending an investigation.

"Cap, you and I both know that this is bullshit."

"You damn near killed a perp!" He yelled, standing and leaning over the desk at me.

"I had cause to believe the guy had a weapon hidden in the folds of his jacket," I replied with a shake of my head.

"If you believe that then a frisk would have worked just fine. Not slam him, and damn near kick his face in!"

I sucked my teeth and leaned back in the chair. Everyone conveniently forgets that the perp I was 'beating' was also resisting arrest. But I guess that wasn't relevant. I was hoping that I could come back to active and leave my desk behind. The only thing I hated more then my actual job, was not doing my actual job.

"Look, I cant authorize you suiting upo but I will allow you to tag along, give help to getting the women catalogued and to the respective stations."

I thought for a moment and nodded. Beats staying at the desk and wasting away.

"Good, Now GET OUT!"

I smiled, saluted, and walked back to briefing. It was going to be a long night but by the end, I would be helping something bigger then myself. My Dad would be proud.

_______________________________________________

GEN

I wanted to throw up. Usually I could separate myself from what I was doing to survive, but tonight was different. I felt a different vibe tonight, as if something was coming.

I didn't care, I was way past the point of having hope. All I wanted to do was rest, curl up and disappear into my mind.

Tonight, I was with a sadist. He liked causing pain, but he sees me as a real challenge. I don't cry out, I hide behind my mask, I have to. I could already feel the blood pooling under my body on the bed, Iwas used to it.

Suddenly, he sat up and pulled out of me. I could see panic in his expression, see his frantic movements as he put away his equipment and pulled up his clothes. I was still in my silent place, so I couldn't hear what he was saying. But I knew immediately what he was doing when he straddled me and grabbed my neck. And Squeezed.

I knew and did nothing. This was what I wanted.

Rest.