six

-six-

Gwen POV

I had forgotten how dependent I was on coffee. And when I said dependent I mean I was sipping the last of my fourth cup as I trudged into school. I was praying that the buzz I was feeling from all the caffeine would last at least until fourth period lunch so that by the time I was starting to feel drained I could just run to Starbucks for lunch and drown myself in espresso shots up to my eyeballs or something. I had successfully avoided Peter for the last couple of days and I was hoping I could keep it that way. The only exception was AP American History. I had never liked the class. That was until Peter and I got together but after he dumped me, I guess you could say I was back to hating it.

I spun the dial on my locker right left right again and then pulled on the lock but it didn't budge. I tried again. And again. But to no avail the stupid thing was stuck. It hated me, but whatever cause I hated the blasted metal thing too. I banged my foot into it until the knuckles in my toes cracked painfully, my boots were scoffed and my locker had a dent in it. With a sigh of frustration I decided that I'd undoubtedly needed more coffee today. Probably a gallon.

Peter POV

"Hey Peter! Over here! I want you to meet someone!" Harry hollered over the slight chaos of teenagers crowding the halls.

I slipped through the masses until I was by Harry's locker. Harry's locker was right by a staircase and so everyone who was popular I guess liked to congregate there to talk about trivial things and makeout under the stairway. I never really felt like being there but Harry was my best bud so I ended up there before homeroom most of the times especially now that I wasn't with Gwen.

"Hey man, what's up?"

"Peter," Harry thumped me on the back," I'd like you to meet Miss. Mary Jane Watson."

I glanced at the flaming redhead with pretty eyes and a broad smile. Then I glanced back at Harry. He gave me a look and nudged me.

"Uh hey, I'm Peter." I said looking back at her.

"Yeah. I know. I'd say my name is Mary-Jane but you already know that," she flicked her red hair behind her shoulder and gave me smile that I suppose would be dazzling if I wasn't so hung up on how much greater Gwen's smile was. Gosh, I wanted her to smile again...

"Well, I guess I'll see you around Peter." This came from the new girl.

"Oh uh yeah sure-"

"Actually Pete... dude, I was supposed to show her around and stuff, but I thought you could do it. Me and Hads here have some business to take care of if you know what I mean..." he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"No I don't actually," I deadpanned, I didn't like what he was doing here. And if my hunch was correct...

"Harry. Could I talk to you for a sec... over here?" I gestured away from the group.

"Sure dude."

I heard Hadley say something about our "bromance" as we stepped away.

"Dude. What the hell?"

"Look, Peter. I now you're still ripped up about Gwen. You're crushed I get it, but bro, mopping around about her isn't gonna help alright? You need to you know get yourself back on the market."

I scoffed and mumbled something unintelligible.

"Mary-Jane is great. She's hot. I mean look at her," he coughed, "Anyway, I wouldn't set you up with a loser Peter. You're my main and I'm just trying to help you."