〰CHAPTER 5- February 7th, 2013〰

We had previously set another date for February 7th...

The day of the accident. We were driving down the road in my old rundown car my mom gave me for my 16th birthday because I was still angry at the chauffeur because of what happened on February 2nd.

"You know I love you, right?" I said.

"Of course I do; you say it like every day," she said.

"Well, I just want you to know how much I care about you," I said.

"I know. I-"

I hadn't been paying attention. Time slowed down as it happened. I had forgotten to check when I was turning a corner and a truck had hit us. It was all my fault. I woke up two minutes later and the paramedics were there. I had blacked out. The paramedics were giving me stitches and I felt like something was wrong. I lifted up my shirt and saw one of my ribs poking through my skin. I wanted to pass out.

But I knew I had to find her.

"Is she okay?! Where is she?!"

"Sir, I'm going to need you to calm down," one of the paramedics said.

I looked over and there she was passed out with an open wound on her forehead. I looked at her for a second and realized that it was all my fault.

They had to take her to the hospital. On the way there she stopped breathing. They were able to revive her, but she went into a coma and they had to put her on life support. From that moment, I wanted to pass out.

I called my mom and the first thing I said was," I'm sorry. I'll pay for it. Please forgive me."

She immediately drove to the hospital to comfort me. I hadn't been allowed into the room because I wasn't a family member of her's. How could they do that to me? I had to be with her. She couldn't die. We were going to grow up and have kids and have grand kids and get a dog, just like we had talked about before.

We waited all night in the hospital. She was still in a coma and the doctor came up and told us that there was a low chance that she would come out of the coma.

I passed out immediately. I woke up in a hospital bed and felt my ribs which had gotten better. I looked to see who was sharing a room with me. It was Ariana; I'm so glad I got to see her again... But not like this. I got out of my bed, while in pain and grabbed her hand and cried for all the pain I had caused her.

I went back to bed and prayed that she would be okay.