〰CHAPTER 10- April 1st, 2014〰

Ariana proceeded to telling me about how much she's done in the past year. She unfortunately had to dye her hair back to its original color to maintain her image, she stopped smoking, she took out her nose piercing, she decided to keep her knife, gun, and motorcycle though, worked on her upcoming album, and the last thing she told me about was how she traveled all over the world.

        But during her story of traveling through Europe, she told me a story of a middle-class man she met named Luca who worked as a chef. She met him in Florence and fell for charm and good looks. She spent all of her time with him in the few weeks she was in Italy, but she had a schedule to keep, so at the end of the month, she flew to Paris.        

        Yeah, you can probably tell where this is going. Paris is the city of love.

        She was feeling very down about leaving Luca. Although she was sad, she was in Paris and had to do some sight-seeing. She obviously went to the Eiffel Tower and she also went to a place she dreamed about going to since she was a child: the Louvre. She spent all day at the museum, and walked out and wasn't paying attention to where she was walking and bumped into a man.        

        It was Luca. He had flown all the way to Paris to find her, but had given up and decided to see the Louvre which was a place that intrigued him.        

        Sadly, Luca wasn't paying attention either. He had had earphones in so after he walked away, he couldn't hear Ariana calling his name. She was about to run after him, but he quickly faded into the crowd.       

        Ariana then decided to move on. If it was destiny, then he would've noticed her.

        "And that's when I remembered how much I missed you," Ariana says after the long story.

        "But this man sounds great. Why did you choose me?" I respond.       

        "Because he's not you," Ariana says.

        God she's such a flirt. But she fell in love with another man. I don't know whether to feel special or used. Then again, she wouldn't have flown back if she didn't love me.       

        "Do you still love me?" I blurt out, regretting it right after I said it. The truth is that I don't want to hear the answer.       

        "Of course I do," she replies.       

        "What were you trying to achieve by telling me this? To break my heart?" I say.

        "Of co-" she says.

        "The bad thing is that I still love you with all my heart and I haven't thought about anyone else since you left." I say, cutting her off.       

        "That's the reaction I wanted." she responds.       

        "What?" I ask.

        "Luca's not real. I never fell in love with anyone else. You are my one and only and I'd never forget you. I traveled around the world to take my mind off you because I had been gone for so long that I thought you had forgotten about me, but I came back hoping that you'd take me back." she responds.

        "What the hell is wrong with you? Who the hell does that? I would've taken you back, but after this.... I don’t even know who you are," I respond, almost yelling.

        "I'm Ariana, the girl you fell in love with," she responds quietly.

        "No you aren't. You've changed into someone I can't even trust. Get away from me. Just get out my fucking house," I respond, actually yelling this time.       

        "Please," she begs.       

        "Get the fuck out before I get to 10. 1, 2, 3, (by this time she's bawling), 4, 5, 6, 7..." I hear the door close and I know she's gone.               

        I feel bad for how angry for that, but how could she look someone in the eyes and lie to them like that? Yeah, I definitely overreacted, but that was a horrible thing to do to someone.

        I go to my room and listen to music to take my mind off of it, but I skip through all of her songs, except when I get to "Almost is Never Enough," I hesitate before skipping it.       

        At 2:30 PM, about an hour after she left, I decide to take a nap, but right before I get in bed, I get a text.               

        "I'm sorry. -Ariana" my phone reads.       

        I chuck my phone at the wall, hoping my phone doesn't break. I go up to get my phone, but decide not to because I don't want to deal with anything at the moment.