Chapter 1

My alarm began to wake me up and I slammed my finger on the button to make it stop. I wanted to throw it across the room and just go back to sleep forever. Today is my first day to another brand new high school. Westbury High.

I'm not excited for it at all, mostly because it's the middle of the year, and I'm not going to know anyone. Although I'm used to the fact of not having friends, I hated the feeling deeply. The only friend I have is named Lilian, but I'm now states away from her, because she lives in California. I haven't seen her in about four years, but we text and call each other almost everyday. She helps me with all my problems. I move practically every year, and she's always there to comfort me and tell me that I will make friends sooner or later, even though I never do.

I pushed the thought of new people to the back of my mind and began to get dressed. I put on a pair of black skinny jeans and a white hoodie, along with white vans. I didn't want to give people the impression that I try too much to look good. After I got done getting dressed, I walked over to my mirror and grabbed my make up bag. All I put on was a thin line of mascara and some lip gloss. I didn't like to cake my face in make up because I preferred a more natural look. I know it may sound cheesy but I don't like to be judged on my appearance, but mostly my personality. Maybe that's why I never make friends.

I glanced over at my clock and realized it was 6:52, and school starts at 7:30. The car ride to my school is only ten minutes, but I wanted to get to school early so I can make sure where all of my classes are. I quickly brushed the few tangles out of my hair and grabbed my backpack, then walked over to get my phone that was sitting on my nightstand. I checked to see if I had any recent messages, which I didn't. Usually Lilian would text me but she's three hours behind my time right now, and is most likely still sleeping.

I threw the phone in my backpack, then grabbed some bracelets off the nightstand to quickly cover up my scars. They aren't recent, I've been clean for a good month and a half, and I just hope it stays that way. I regret ever cutting, but at the time I was going through a lot, and I needed to feel something. I tried to forget the awful memories that were flowing through my head and turned off my light then walked outside to my car. I got in and set the directions to my school.

"Time to go to Hell." I sighed and started driving.