Messier Than A Mess

It was morning already, the knock on the door woke Shirley up, it was so early to get out of bed but what to do, it wasn't her own house. She reluctantly came out from bed, she opened the door to see an already dressed Trey.
"You're up and dressed already?". She asked surprised.
"I guess. Can I come in?"
"Sure". She replied moving away from the entrance.
"I'm going to a grocery store to get us some things and I'll also go to a boutique to get you some clothes so that I can save mine".
Shirley closed the door behind her and came in to face Trey, "can I go with you? I have my own taste".
"I'll get you what I like, and you need some undies too"
Shirley's face turned red, she felt embarrassed "I
wouldn't want you to buy me those, I'd want to get them myself and moreover you don't know my size. She backed him so that he wouldn't see her embarrassed face.
"Oops, not in those, it's your time of the month and you didn't realise it". He said looking at his blood stained shirt on Shirley.
"What?" Shirley asked a bit confused, she hoped it wasn't what she was thinking.
"You're stained" Trey made it clearer.
Shirley turned her head to look at her behind, his shirt was stained. It was her period, how did she not expect it? She'd miscalculated. What's she going to do now? This was more embarrassing than the word 'embarrass' she thought. She saw the stains on her bed and turned to look at him.
"How worse could this day be, I guess you should get going, I'll clean up". She managed to say embarrassment written all over her face.
"Don't worry about that, I'll order everything in including some pads". He smirked. "And, don't feel bad about that, it's normal, I've seen a couple of women go through this, it's not messy at all". He walked straight to the door. "I'll excuse you". He left shutting the door.
"This man has got some nerves". She said to herself between clenched teeth.
She locked her door as soon as he left. She walked to her bed and took off the sheets, then headed to the bathroom. Letting out an exasperating breath Shirley climbed into the tub. The memory of last night flashed back. He wanted to kiss her but something stopped, she hadn't told him anything but it seemed like he knew exactly what she wanted, she'd fantasized so many things, things she couldn't believe she could fantasize about. Whose fault? It was his, if he could stop looking good and smelling good, if he could stop being raw.
However, the embarrassment he made her go through this morning couldn't deter her from thinking about him.
She hated that she thought of him this way, he's a killer, someone who could also get rid of her if he wanted, but she didn't know why she trusted that he wouldn't, maybe because he saved her or maybe because he got the chance and didn't.
Her emotions and thoughts were already deeply rooted in this man until she heard a knock on her door, she almost jumped out of her skin because she wasn't expecting it.
"A sec!" She shouted.
She took a big white towel and wrapped it around herself. When she opened the door she saw Trey standing there with shopping bags in his both hands. His gaze slipped appreciatively over her, the towel reminded him of the other day -how she laid on his bed with her towel separated from her, exposing her soft full breasts. He wasn't supposed to think any more than that, he moved his gaze from her body to the things he had with him.
"Here are the things you'll be needing, I've gone through all since it was delivered". He told her still standing outside her door.
"You..."
"Just use them". He wasn't ready for her ranting.
Shirley dressed up in silver shorts and a royal blue cardigan with her hair in a ponytail she took the stained sheets and Trey's shirt she had worn last night downstairs to wash.
Getting downstairs, she heard Trey on the phone with someone, but she didn't know who and she couldn't hear the other person on the line, all she could hear was Trey answering and asking questions.
"We're already in Golden Thug, what next Monty?" he asked.
She didn't hear Monty's reply but judging by Trey's look, Monty said something pleasing.
"Ok I'll be waiting for your call" he dropped the phone and turned to see Shirley.
"You're here already, oh the sheets". He said looking at the sheets she had on her, "the washing machine is that way". He pointed at the direction of the washing machine.
"Who was that? What next move are you talking about?" She asked eagerly.
"Worry about yourself". He replied her.
"I am, I'm sure you were talking about me with that Monty". she stressed the 'Monty'.
"You'll get to know, first of all wash my shirt, dry and return it". He dismissed her.
She picked up the phone and redialled the last number he had talked to.
"Hello" she said into the phone when someone picked up but there was no response.
"Hello" she said again "are you Monty?"
The phone got disconnected, she tried redialling the number but it was unavailable. She dropped the phone, then she remembered someone, Victoria, her best friend. She quickly dialled Victoria's number.
"Hello" Vicky answered.
"Hey Vee it's Shirley"
"Shirley? Are you okay?"
"Yes why are you asking" She asked surprised.
"Your house is in a mess, you should see. If you're safe wherever you're I suggest you remain there, everybody around here have been interrogated like you're some hardcore assassin. What's going on?"
"I don't really know Vee, I don't, but I'm okay I'll hang up now". She said once she heard Trey coming and headed to the laundry room.
She wanted to call her Dad to tell him what was going on but she didn't have a phone on her and she didn't want Trey to know about it. She sat on the plump couch in the sitting room with Trey sitting adjacent to her busy with his laptop. Her hands hugging her legs she thought of
the impossible reasons why she should be on the run. She couldn't figure out any reason. She had moved out from her parents' house at 21 to live her life on a low-key, she couldn't bear the whole attention from the press, being the daughter of a highly respected politician everything she did was on the papers. She had lived on her own for three years and in those three years she had never had any disagreement with anyone that'll warrant them harassing her this way.
The thought of calling her father made her realize that the information will in one way or the other get to the press, but her life was more valuable now than any other thing.
She headed to the phone but Trey stopped her as soon as she raised it up to dial the numbers.
"What do you wanna do?" he asked her.
"Call my dad, I don't know why I should be in hiding".
"And you think he'll answer you? You think he can help you? Listen," he said taking the phone from her, "I'm the only one that can help you now, so believe in me" he smiled.
"What do you mean by that? Do you know who my dad is?" she asked angrily
"Devon Swift".
"He has a title".
"To hell with that now".

At 12:14, Trey left the house for an appointment, Shirley entered his room to make the call she had wanted to make earlier. He had kept the phone in his room but didn't lock it. She punched on the numbers to her dad's personal phone number but it wasn't available, she tried his business line, someone answered.
"Mr. Perkins on the line".
"Oh, hey Perkins it's Shirley".
"Shirley how are you?"
"I'm fine, please can I speak to my dad?" she asked feeling uneasy, feeling like Trey was gonna show up unexpectedly, afterall that's what he does best.
"No hun, he's not around, any problem?"
"Yes Perkins" Perkins was her dad's P.A so to her he was someone she could confide in. "A big one at that". She explained everything to him as elaborate as she could.
"This is serious, ok where are you?"
"In a duplex in Golden Thug, it's the only duplex located around here.
Trey opened the front door, she immediately dropped the phone. She was going to leave his room but he was gonna see her. He wasn't the type to climb up slowly, he always ran up or down. She she hid in his wardrobe.