Neon

James was happy to be out of the hospital. His shoulder was very sore, but he managed to keep his mind off the pain. He was just leaving the hospital courtyard when he heard loud, mature laughs from the allies.
"Dude?! Can you back off?! Please! I need to get home!" James heard, this time, from a much younger voice. He began to slowly head towards the alley.
"Haha, punk, whatchu gonna do mate? Cry home to your mommy?! Go ahead! I won't stop you!" James saw the situation now. He watched a small, blonde boy attempt an escape.
"Yea, I said I wouldn't stop you, but I don't control him!" A much taller, bulkier figure grabbed the boy and put him up on the wall.
It was getting dark now, and James knew he had to do something.
"Hey, you!" James yelled out, walking towards the two men. "You must've made some really bad life decisions to be needing a 4 year olds money."
"Aye, Mr. Slick over here." The shorter one said. "I like your point. How about we steal from you?!" The two men exchanged looks and grinned.
The bigger one had a tall pink mohawk. It wasn't nearly as crazy as the smaller one's green dreadlocks.
James mouthed the word "Run." to the boy and he ran off. The men began to close in on him. James turned around and ran as fast as he could, through alleyways, across streets, and through shops.
Yet still, every time he turned around, both of the men were still right behind him. James realized he couldn't run forever.
This oughta slow 'em down. James thought. He sharply turned around and hit one of the men in the side of the face, right below the eye, with his metal fist. The man flew backwards and hit the ground hard three feet away.
The big one looked down at his friend with wide and surprised eyes, then clenched his fists and stared right at James, who was already running down the sidewalk, holding his shoulder.
"OW!!!" He yelled, confusing innocent pedestrians. That really hurt!!! Why did I do that?! He turned around to find Little Miss Mohawk sprinting towards him with his limp, unconscious friend slumped over his shoulder.
The sky was dark, and James was still running. All around glow in the dark spray paint covered the walls and buildings, reading "NEON" or random lines that some people call a signature.
James turned around and saw no one behind him. He sat down and looked at the street signs.
Oh no... I ran away from home! Then he heard the rumbling of a large truck. It sped across the road. Paint on the side read "GANG NEON"
The driver was the bulky mohawk man. The car sharply turned around and six large men hopped out. "This the one?" One of them said. The mohawk man stepped out of the drivers side. "Yea. Don't let him get away! Kill him!" He yelled.
The gang surrounded him in a flash, and James immediately panicked. The men closed in fast.
James had a plan. He waited for the first person to try and grab him, and slid under him before getting touched. He punched through 3 men and bolted towards the truck.
He hopped in and gripped the wheel. James pushed on the gas as hard as possible and drove away. Sweat dripped down his neck and he breathed heavily. James was very tired.
James looked in the rear view mirror and saw the exact thing he was hoping not to see. Sirens blared and the casual red and blue lights shined in the mirrors. He pulled over and got out of the car. "What'd I do wrong?!" James questioned. An officer ran up to him and shoved his body against the car and cuffed him.
  "Are you Jamison Fawkes?!" The officer asked. "Yes..." James replied. "Jamison Fawkes, you are under arrest for the possible murder of Mako Rutledge!"