Heat (6K SPECIAL)

Thank you guys so much! You've been so supportive. I remember starting this book in around June last year. I wanted so badly to be like the other writers, who got thousands of reads on their stories. I never thought it would happen like this.         -Waffles

  James woke up, at Gibraltar. "What... what happened?!" Winston pushed his glasses up. "Tell me, what do you remember?"
  James tried to recollect his thoughts. "Fire... that's it." Dr. Ziegler was having a cast put on her arm in the background. "What happened?!" Winston looked down.
  "Look, we don't know what it is, but something inside triggered a little nerve in your  body that released flames from your hands..."
  "Oh... oh no..." James said. "A while back, I was able to do that... but I thought I lost it when I was taken over in the radiation asylum..."
  The door busted open as Lúcio and the rest of their group stumbled in. "YOUR OKAY!" Winston went to hug them. "Where are the radiation recipients?"
  Lúcio, exhausted, pointed towards the hangar. "Reinhardt's with them." James immediately shot up from his bed, then winced as the leather straps in his arms and legs held him back. "Guys, get me out of here..." Winston obtained a puzzled face. "No can do pal. Not until we figure out what's up with your fire spasms." "NO NO NO PLEASE!" James began to cry. "James what's wrong with you?!" Dr. Ziegler questioned. James eyes lit with fire along with his hands. In a burst of anger, fire shot out of his palms, melting the leather.
  James sprinted down the corridor as agents chased him down. James ran as tears fell from his face. Jack Morison nearly tazed him, until he noticed one of James tears sizzle as it splashed against the ground.
  "Hold your fire." He said, holding his arm out. They watched as James ran into the hangar. "Mako! Mako!" He yelled. "Please be here! MAKO MAKO!!! Dad?! PLEASE WHERE ARE YOU?!" James continued to call out, stumbling past different radiation recipients. Tears continued to stream down his cheeks as he searched for his long lost guardian. He ran and ran and ran, until he eventually noticed Reinhardt across the hangar, with a large, bulky figure in his arm. "I was waiting for you." Reinhardt said. "I have a bit of a gift." James stared, watching the figure walk towards him.
  James recognized his walk, and his slung, large arms. He sprinted toward Mako, arms out wide. "MAKO!" He said as tears rained from his eyes.
James hugged Mako as hard as possible, and Mako looked down at him. He brought one arm around James, and hugged him back. "Missed ya kid..."
James looked up. Mako's hair was white, and he had a large pig-based mask on. Mako removed the mask, revealing multiple scars.
"What- what happened to you?!" James said, surprised. "After being exposed to radiation for 2 years, survival must be taken to the furthest extent." He said solemnly. "I've been through a lot. Didn't know where you had gone."
James felt enormous guilt rush over him. "I was so caught up in everything that was going on, that I didn't even think about my family or friends... and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He said, burying his face into Mako's chest.
"Look. Imma cut this short. I'm not staying here." James eyes widened. "What- what do you mean?! You have to stay!"
"James, I started a family back there."
"What?!"
"I thought I had lost you for good..."
"No no Mako..."
"I have a son."
James cried even more. "You- you can't! I'm your son!"
"Yes you are. And you always will be. That's why I'm giving you a choice."
"Please don't do this..."
"You can come with me back to Australia, or, you can stay here with them." He pointed behind James, where everyone stood still, watching the scene.
"You're really going to put this pressure on me?!"
"I'm sorry. I'm not losing any more family."
  James looked at the agents. Winston had taken him in as a student. Genji and Hanzo Shimada had proven that a family could always remain together no matter what. Jack Morison, he'd been there since day one, rescuing James from that torture hole of an asylum. Dr. Ziegler. Always there whenever he needed her most. Supportive and forgiving, she stood, smiling at James. James turned his head towards Mako. "You put me here, you raised me into this life, and now you want to rip me out of it?"
  Mako maintained an angry face. "James. The decision must be made quick. I've got people after me, and we need to get going now! So what is it going to be?!"
  James fell to the ground. "Please... I can't choose between family and friends... choose for me, so I can get it over with..."
  "Suit yourself. Your coming with me." Mako said. James stood up, with red, itchy eyes, and charred hands. "Promise me you'll never forget me." He said to the agents. Dr. Ziegler broke down crying. "I... we... promise."
  James hand lit on fire, and right there, he placed his palm on the ground. He lifted his hand, leaving a hand print in the ground. "Just in case." He said, wiping tears from his eyes. "Lets go." Mako said as he began walking towards the jet. "James walked backwards, watching the agents. "I love you guys..." James said as he boarded the jet.
  Mako sat next to James in the back of the jet, as the pilot started the engine up. Mako slung his arm around James and wiped his tears. "How does it feel..."
"What?"
"Ya know... to be... irradiated."
You will see them again. The legend of Jamison Fawkes is not over... not yet.