nine

I had to fix a lot of things in this chapter.

Max's pov;

The next morning around 5:40, I heard shuffling of bed covers. I think mom had just gotten up. I have been up for about 5 minutes and I'm still not ready to start school. Michael had already gotten up and left. He had to be at school at 5:00 to study.

"Now, what am I going to wear?" I say to myself. I open my closet and pull out black skinny jeans and an army green top with a black hat. I wore my pink shaded hair down and straightened. "You look gorgeous baby doll." I turn around and see my mom standing at the door in her work clothes.

It was 6:00 and I was on my way to school. Elly wasn't here to walk with me. She got a car last night. I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Hey." I turn around and see Calum. "What do you want?" I ask. "I saw you walking alone and I just decided to walk with you." He says. I started to blush. "Why aren't you in the nice car? You always drive in it with your friends." I ask. "Why do you ask so many questions?" He asks. "I'm a questionable person I guess."

We reached the stairs of the school. I saw Elly's jaw dropped as we walked in together. "Don't we have first period together?" He asks. "Yeah, I think. Why?" I ask. "Just wondering." He was walking to his locker. "Oh yeah, Max? Nice ass." He winks at me. I blush and roll my eyes.

"I saw you and dip shit walking together. What was that about?" I shrug my shoulders and walk to 1st period. I walk into the classroom and see Michael at the board. I see Calum at the other side of the classroom. He waves for me to come sit by him. I look at my feet and I hear someone get loser to me. "Max. You can come sit by me I won't hurt you, I promise." He says and takes my hand gently into his. It didn't feel like Michaels. It was soft and pure.

I sat next to Calum and Michael was eyeballing the two of us. I look at Calum and he has his earphones in. Not listening to a damn thing Michael has to say.

"Calum Hood?" I hear from the front of the class. "'Calum Hood!" He yells. Calum takes out his earphones and looks around the room then to Michael. I heard stifle laughs from all around the room. "Why are earphones in your ears?" Michael asks. "Because you said we could." Calum says. "No, Calum where did you hear me say that?" Michael asks. "Well actually, Max told me." Calum said. "N-No I didn't, sir." I say. Bull shit! I didn't say a word about music to him. That asshole. He was using me as an advantage. "Both of you, detention." Michael states and turns back around to mark on the board again. "What the fuck Calum?" I whisper. "You'll see babygirl."

After 1st period, I stayed in class again. "Michael, I swear I didn't tell him! I think he is using advantage of me to get out of trouble." I say. "Well, guess what? He got in just as much trouble as he would even if he didn't use you." He says. "Do I still have detention?" I ask. "Unfortunately, yes. I have already sent the principal an email." He says and smirks. "Why are you smirking? It's not funny." I say. "No, princess it's just the expressions you make." He chuckles and I grab my stuff and leave the class room.

I got to lunch after 2nd and 3rd period. I sat with the usual people I sit with. I told Elly about what happened. She wasn't surprised. I mean it was  Calum Hood.

After lunch I was headed to the bathroom. I was about to enter the girls bathroom but then I got pulled into the boys bathroom. "What the fuck?" I turn around and see Calum. I cross my arms. "Why did you pull me in here? To take more advantage of me?" I say. "What do you mean Draper?" He says. He never calls me by my last name unless it's really serious. "I mean, you used me today in 1st period!" I yell. "Ok for one, don't yell teachers will hear. And two I didn't take advantage of you. I wanted it to just be me and you in detention that way we could talk stuff out." He says and smiles.

That smile. His smile gives me shivers. It was such a pleasant sight. What am I talking about? Was I started to have feelings for my enemy?

"Why would you want to do that? I mean you've been my enemy for 1 year." I put emphasis on 1 year. "That's it. We have been enemies for a year and I want to change that. Look, I fucked up okay? I was being the most biggest douche on the planet. I didn't mean to leave you like that Max. I thought there was someone better, but there wasn't. I want you Max." He says.

In a long time I haven't felt the way I did now. I feel loved. I don't know if it's just my feelings fucking with me, but I really feel it. "Calum, do you mean that?" I ask "Yes, I mean it big time." He took my hands and intertwined with them. "Wait. What about your friends? Won't they be in detention? They always are. Every day." I say. "I told them to try and stay out of trouble today." He says. "I have to go. I don't want to get into more trouble than I already am." I smile at him and go out of the classroom.

2 more periods and I'm out. I enter Mrs. Jones class and sit down in my regular seat. This class I have Elly in. "Hey Elly." I say as I sat by her. "Hey fart nugget, how's your day been?" She asks. "Well, I got detention. For a good reason though." I said. "Oh my goodness! Max Draper getting detention? Never heard of it." She laughs and I laugh along.

After school, I head to go to detention. I come in and I see Calum sitting in a seat. "Hello." I look around the room to see if there is anyone watching us. Surprisingly not. "I told one the principle that one of the teachers told me that there was no one in detention and that I should tell the principle." He says. I sit next to him. "Clever." I say.

"So, Calum. What do you want to ta-"

"You."

"What?" I ask. "I want to talk about you, Max." He says. "There isn't really much difference since the last time we talked about ourselves." I say and look down. "Max. There is so much changed since last year. You have become a more quiet and stable person. Why?" He asks. "I-I decided that I shouldn't be so open to people, because they can fuck you over and go tell everyone about you or even worse. Mess around with what you told them and tell lies." I say. "Max, I didn't do any of that." He says. "I never said you did. Did I?" I ask. "No, but I know you were talking about me." He says. "So what? You wouldn't care anyway." I say and cross my arms.

"If I didn't care then why would I ask if it was me?" He says. "Calum, can we talk about something else? Like have I gotten a puppy?" I ask. "No, Max we need to keep it straight between us." He says. "Ok, I have a topic, why did you decide to bring this topic up now?" I ask.

"Because I realized how fucking bad I need you."

//

thank you so much for all the read babes!!                                                                                                                                                                           well it looks like calum has interfered ;)