Chapter 4

The school day was grueling! Zoey had a doctors appointment, her friend told me. I run off the bus the second it opens the door at my stop. I almost fall twice but i get into the house. I run right upstairs to do my homework. It's a math worksheet and I have to read a chapter from some book.

Once I finish I change into some dances clothes and wait for dance to start.

Once the clock in my room shifts to 4:35 I run downstairs.

"Mom it's time to go!" I yell because I don't know where she is.

"I know! Have you got your bag?" She asks.

"Yup!" I say, holding it up.

She grabs Wynter and Ainsley and we all head out into to car. My first real class! This is so exciting! I'm super fidgetty the entire ride. I don't know why I'm so nervous... it's just a dance class... it's not like I've gotten used to my old class... We pull into the parking lot and we all head out. Miss Roisin is in their at her desk.

"Hi Scarlet!"

"Hi Miss Roisin!"

"Excited for your first advanced beginner class?"

"Yeah! but I'm kinda nervous..."

"Don't be! Everyone is super nice and friendly!"

"We got her some soft and hard shoes yesterday." Mom says.

"Great! We'll see how the soft shoes look today!"

Aw i was excited to learn hard shoe today... But I guess since I've only been dancing for 2 days it's fine...

Mom helps me tie them as other kids come in. Miss Roisin calls us all into the studio and mom hands me a water bottle.

All the other girls are chatting together and I'm just off to the side. This class has a different vibe to it... These kids seem more focused...

Miss Roisin walks in.

"Okay you all might have noticed that there's a new student in our class. This is Scarlet. She's just starting Irish dance but she's understanding concepts quickly and she fits the age of this class better. So you 5 do a warm up reel then Zoey I want you to teacher Scarlet the reels." Miss Roisin says.

"Zoey?" I say, looking down the line of kids.

"Scarlet?" a girl says.

"Oh my god!" We both say and she runs over and hugs me. Miss Roisin just laughs and puts on the reel.

They all start dancing at the same time. Woah they are really good...

"Okay Zoey, you can start teaching her the steps." Miss Roisin says and Zoey practically runs over to me.

"I didn't know you danced!" I say to her.

"We've never really talked about it!" She responds.

"But now we get to dance together!"

"Yeah! So the step is pretty easy."

"Okay!"

"So you start with two hop one two threes" she says while demonstrating it and then I do it.

"Then jump two three jump two three."

I do that.

"Okay let's go from the start.Hop one two three. Hop two two three. Jump two three. Jump two three." She says as we do that together. "Then cut 234567 and two hop 1 2 3s."

We do that together a few times then she makes me do it alone.

"That looks really good Scarlet!" Miss Roisin says. "Everyone else go get a drink, Scarlet come show me the step to the music."

They all go to the back and I step up into the middle. She puts on the song called a reel and helps me count myself in. As I'm dancing she says the step for me. The step goes in a circle around the floor.

"Looking good Scarlet! Just work on keeping the diamond on the jumps! Zoey you can start her on the second step."

I walk back to the back where everyone is to get a drink.

"Scarlet that was so good!" Zoey whispers and I hear somebody under their breath say "It wasn't that good..."

Maybe I just thought that... Maybe it didn't actually get said...

We go back over to the side and she teaches me the next step. It's pretty easy, but I keep mixing up the two dances. I guess I'll have to go home and practice it!

I do the two steps for Miss Roisin with everyone else and I didn't mess up! She said if I practice until the next class I can learn some dance called the light jig next class!

While I'm taking my shoes off mom is talking to Miss Roisin. I wonder what it's about?

We head outside to the car.

"Mom what were you talking to Miss Roisin about?"

"We scheduled you some privates to get caught up and she wants me to sign you up for a Feis in April, that's a competition."

"Woah that's cool!"

"Yeah. So you better start practicing so we can show her that she made the right decision in you."