Chapter 7

I wake up to mom shaking me lightly.

"Scarlet, We're an hour away. Time to wake up and get dressed." She says.

Anna is already up and she has on a big wig and she's doing her makeup. She stops for a moment so I can get out. Mom hands me my dress and shirt and bloomers and I go into the buses bathroom to change.

When I get out I have to go over to moms seat because she's doing my wig. It actually really hurts when she does it! She's pulling my hair to make it perfectly flat everywhere and stabbing my head with Bobby pins! Then suffocating me with hair spray!

She makes me stay with her until we get there so I don't bother the other girls. At first I was grumpy but then she let me play candy crush on her phone.

"Mom who were you sitting with?"

"Miss Roisin, but now she's up in the front with the driver."

"Oh."

"She's very happy with your improvements Scarlet."

"Really?"

"Really Really, And I am too. You've been working so hard and to see you succeed just makes me so happy. And your father is so excited to see you dance!"

"I'm so glad he's coming!"

"I know sweetheart. We'll try to have everyone come to them more but sometimes it might just have to be you and me."

"Okay."

We pull up to the hotel and Miss Roisin gets up. "Okay, The breakfast is complementary, just say you're with the Feis. Moms don't worry about checking in until after they dance If they're early. Remember to text in the group chat! I want a lot of support for everyone here!"

Everyone nods and we all get our bags and get off the bus. We give the stuff we don't need to dad and they're going to check in. We walk into the crazy land of Feises. This time it's at a Hotel not a school so that's really cool! We go to the ballroom I'm dancing in to see how they're going. It's a big ballroom with 4 stages in it but They haven't even started yet! So me and mom go down to eat! I get a big pancake shaped like Mickey Mouse and a glass of orange juice! Dinner seems so far away so I'm starving! I eat that super quick and I steal some of moms bacon! I finish my glass of orange juice, mom pays and we head back up to the Feis.

It's 8:30 now and the stage I'm on has started. They're actually a bit ahead! I tie on my shoes, I can do that by myself now! Mom puts my number in my number holder thingy and ties it around my waist. I'm number 566! They call all of the advanced beginners up. I go to stage 2 and they line me up with all of the other kids. I count 7 people in line and I'm at the end. Oh no... Does that mean I'll have to go alone? I saw it happen at the last Feis...

The musician starts up a reel and the first two girls step out. I guess I will be going alone...

"Calm down scarlet..." I think to myself "You practice alone at home all the time and you go alone some time at class. It'll be fine"

The volunteer is lightly pushing me forward and counting me in. I try to focus on my dancing and not the fact that I'm alone... I make sure I kick my bum on every jump and I make a diamond on every move. I think about my arms and my hands and looking up. I bow and it's over.