Chapter 9

6 Weeks Later

"Okay Miss Scarlet, Your ankle is all better! Remember if it's sore to rest it but you should be ready to go back to dancing in your shoes." My doctor saids. After the competition in Arizona where I fell going up to the hotel room, I ended up spraining my ankle. I was out of dance for 4 weeks because I was on crutches then last week I could start dancing a little bit in my sneakers. But now I'm all better so I can go back into my shoes. It's Wednesday and I have 2 Feises this weekend! I'm really feeling the pressure to do really well because Zoey has moved into Novice and she's already gotten a first! And my grandparents from Ireland are coming over for the summer and they're going to watch me at the two Feises because they're only 30 minutes away from my house. They got here today but I haven't seen them yet because I was at the doctors and now I'm going to dance. I've been sitting in on the Novice class but it's going to be the first time I'm actually dancing there.

I get into class and Zoey sees me all up in dance clothes with my dance bag and she runs over to me.

"Can you dance today?" She shrieks.

"Yeah! I was just cleared 20 minutes ago!"

"I'm getting a Solo dress today! Miss Roisin is having me try them on right now!"

"Omg that's awesome! Can I watch?"

"Obviously!"

Zoey lets me put on my soft shoes and then pulls me into the studio. Her mom gives me a big hug and I stand beside her as Zoey goes into the back to try on dresses. She comes out in a red white and orange dress that looks amazing on her!

She looks so pretty! I wish I could get a solo dress but that would probably take awhile

She looks so pretty! I wish I could get a solo dress but that would probably take awhile. I'm not dancing well since its been so long... During class Miss Roisin was getting frustrated with me and how I was dancing. She said I was making silly mistakes that I was never doing before. I definitely have to go home and practice a lot...