1

Britch's POV

I rolled out of bed and groaned at the thought of another stupid day at school. I, like many others, dreaded every waking moment I had to spend in the hell hole of education.

I got up and put on a black tanktop and skinny jeans. I put my hair in a high ponytail and did some simple make up with red lipstick to add something extra.

I put on my countless bracelets just to make sure no one would see my scars. I smiled at my mom and before she could say anything about how I'm late, I ran out the door and to school. Luckily I was a walking distance away.

When I got to school the bell to get to class had just rung, so I scurried to my homeroom and sat in my desk in the back. I looked over and saw my friend Emma and my friend Alyson. They waved and started talking together.

They were seated away from me because we talked a lot to eachother, but now they are the ones talking together. But, we've been drifting apart any way. I mean, I've been trying to find myself and sure they're great friends but... I need someone different.

My eyes scanned the room as I ignored my dumb teacher, as always. I wondered if Shane would be cool to have lunch with. See if he could be the someone different.

I wrote a note and carefully and discreetly threw it at the back of his head. He flinched and turned around. His eyes met mine and his face of anger melted into a face of amusement and curiosity. I pointed to the note that now laid on the floor.

He looked to the teacher to see if he'd been caught but the teacher was still writing notes on the board which I pretended to copy.

Shane picked up the crumpled note and opened it. His eyes scanned my writing; 'wanna hang out at lunch?' and he turned to me. He nodded
with a face that said "why not."

*******Time skip to lunch*******

I got my lunch and went to find shane who I'm guessing was looking for me aswell. We sat down at a table and began to eat.

"So, why have you decided to ask me to eat with you?" Shane asked.

"You act like you and I never hang out, but we do sometimes" I replied, amused.

"I know but, normally it just happens, there's never a note thrown at me head" he replied, laughing.

"Well I decided to try something different. I want to be a better friend to you and I don't know, I'm weird."

"Yeah, no doubt" he teased.

I playfully shoved him and rolled my eyes.

"So anyway, how do you feel about the homework?" Shane asked.

I nearly choked on my sandwich. I couched a bit before replying in a surprised manner, "Homework!?"

"You weren't listening?" He raised his eyebrow. I shook my head sheepishly and he went over everything we had to do in as beat detail as he could manage which I seemed to understand.

Soon lunch was over and the next class started. We continued to talk about Pokemon and our favourite video games as we walked to our next class.

Just as I was about to walk in the classroom door I tripped over a book someone had dropped and nearly fell when I felt strong arms catch me. I looked up to see Shane smirking and I blushed a deep crimson.

'no, I shouldnt be blushing! He's my friend!'

"Thanks" I muttered, carefully zipping to my seat.

Every now and again I'd look up to Shane and he would meet my gaze and smile. Id just smile and turn away over and over.

I was trying to focus on the lesson when I felt something hit my ear. I flinched but looked to see Shane trying not to laugh.

I saw the crumpled paper in my desk and opened it carefully.

'lunch again tomorrow?' the note read.

I looked up at him and smiled, nodding. He turned back to the teacher and I couldn't wipe the grub from my face. I pulled out a separate piece of paper and wrote down my cell number and "incase you wanna hang out of school"

I then threw it at the back of his head and covered my mouth, trying so hard not to laugh at his reaction. I looked around and some classmates were giving us odd looks but started silent.

He read my note and glanced at me, then took out his phone and I assume he added me to his contacts and soon my phone buzzed.

It was from and unknown number whom I already knew was Shane.

':3 :P' -s

I cocked my eyebrow but replied 'wtf, kay then xD'

And he just silently laughed.

We spent the class texting eachother about anything and everything and I had quite a bit of fun!