4

Britch's POV

After school i was sitting in my room waiting and preparing everything i needed. I got dressed in skinny jeans and a nice loose purple tank top. I put my hair into a high pony tail and did my usual make up with a bit more eyeliner.

I laid on my bed staring up at my ceiling waiting for the right time to come. Suddenly my wrist started to tingle. I closed my eyes, trying to fight the feeling. I played with my bracelets trying to keep my hands busy but it just got worse. 

I sat up, opened my eyes and looked at my desk drawer. I glared at it as i fought myself. My eyes drifted to my left wrist, the scars covered by colorful strings and beads. I saw some scars peaking out from the bracelets and i traced my thumb over them.

My wrist began to burn and i knew the only thing i could do to make that stop was to Take out the sharp metal from the drawer and make some marks. I shook my head, not today, not just before my date. Not happening. 

I felt my body go against my mind and stand, walking to my desk. I tried to stop myself but i couldn't. I opened the drawer and pulled out the small bock that once held earrings. 

I opened the box and there staring back at me, sparkling beautifully was a blade from a pencil sharpener. I reached my fingers in and pulled out the metal. Flipping it around in my fingers.

I moved my bracelets out of the way and pressed the blade to my wrist. I pulled it along in a line and i felt relief in the pinching feeling of my skin separating. Suddenly my phone buzzed. I knew it was Shane saying he was here. 

A slight panic rushed through me. I put the blade away and i wiped my wrist and waited for it to stop bleeding before i covered it up with my bracelets and i picked up everything i needed before i climbed out my window. There, on the ground, was Shane. I looked around and saw a beautiful sunset around me.

I smiled and went to the edge of the roof top. I was going to climb down but i realized there was no way to climb down.

"How are you gonna get down?" Shane called up to me.

"Well, i'm only on the second floor, i'll have to jump." I replied.

I dropped my stuff down and it landed on the ground with little to no issues. Then i sat on the edge. Fear slowly crept up to my chest and i glanced at Shane with a worried look. 

"I'll catch you." He walked to about where i might land.

"No, i'll crush you!" I shouted.

"Just jump. Trust me." He held out his arms. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and slowly inched my way closer to the very edge. 

I felt a sudden feeling of dread yet bliss. Is this what it's like to jump from a tall building? Is this what happens when you kill yourself? The thoughts occupied my senses when i jumped off and fell. My heart plummeted into my stomach but it was calming in a way.

Before i touched the ground i felt a pair of arms around me, holding me as if i were nothing. I was gently set down and i gave Shane a quick hug. I picked up my things and we went on our way to the forest. 

We found a clearing surrounded by trees and we set up a small blanket. We sat next to each other and i laid down. 

"So, I did my homework." I confessed, giggling.

"Really? Were you that bored waiting?" He sounded shocked.

"Yeah, a little bit."

"I am so sorry you had to resort to school." He fake cried.

"It's okay," I sniffled, "It was... bearable." I shivered.

"Oh god, you're ill! We need to get you to the hospital!" He shouted.

"Shane...."

"Yes?"

"I....I....Liked it..." I fake cried.

"No, It's worse that i though." He sat me up and pulled me close to him. "I'm so sorry i didn't notice sooner." He patted my back.

I started to laugh as did he as he let me go. I laid back down, giggling like a crazy person.