9

Britch's POV

"Okay, Babe, hold your breath. Hold your breath until i reach 10 Okay? Can you do that for me baby?" He asked. 

Tears poured down my face but i made no sound. I nodded slowly, my hands began to shake violently. I could see flashes of the people in black, they got closer and closer. Every time i blinked they were there. In my eyes.

"One..." he started. I held onto my breath. 

"Two, three, four." I gasped out for air, crying out.

"I can't!" I cried.

"You can, i believe in you." He encouraged.

"They're here." I sobbed.

He took both of my hands in his and looked into my eyes. "look into my eyes." He stated. I looked into his beautiful eyes. "Listen to my breathing, match it." He instructed.

I tried to copy his breathing and at first it was very difficult and i was about to give up. "I have an i dead to make you hold your breath." He smirked.

He carefully pressed his lips to mine and my eyes fluttered shut. I saw the people in black. I pulled away from Shane and screamed. 

"You're okay." He hugged me.

"They're there, whenever i close my eyes."

"you're safe with me i promise, they can't hurt you." He whispered. 

I held my breath and in my head i counted to ten. Then i let out a loud breath and shane slowly let me go. He got a cup of water from a table next to me and put the straw near my mouth, i gave him a thankful smile and took a few sips of water. he put the cup back down and i breathed slowly, calming down.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yes... thank you." 

"It was all you." He replied.

"No, you did it. You helped me. I love you."

"I love you too." 

The door opened and in walked the four that had to leave. I gave them a sorry smile and they just waved it off, smiling.

"Are you okay?" Alyson asked.

"Yeah, just, shaken" I responded.

A doctor came running in with a panicked expression. "I heard a scream, are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine, thank you." Britch smiled sweetly. the doctor looked at us and we smiled and nodded, he then shrugged and left the room. 

"If this was about what i said about your idea...." Emma whispered, a guilty expression on her face.

"Or what i said..." Alyson jumped in.

"No, i was set off. All my emotions i'd been suppressing attacked me and i didn't know what to do."

"But you thought killing yourself would work?" Jack asked, carefully.

"no, i didn't mean to... I... I just cut too deep and too much and.... I lost control." She mumbled.

"Guys, let's not focus on the past. We can bring that up later." Shane stated, they all agreed.

"Shane... What about the people in black?" i whispered.

Shane looked scared all of a sudden and looked at the confused group around us. I realized i shouldn't have said anything.

"Don't worry. You're safe." Shane nodded.

"What people?" Alyson asked.

"She sees people wearing black. They're going after her." Shane mumbled.

"...Should i go get a doctor?" Andrew asked.

"NO!" Shane shouted, grabbing my hand. "They'll take her, they'll think she's insane. They'll put her in a mental ward." 

"But she may need help, shane." Alyson rubbed his back.

"Please, i can't leave her i promised i would be right here and i'd never leave. I promised to protect her."

"You wont be protecting her if you don't get her the help she needs." Jack replied.

"Shane's the only help i need, end of discussion." I rose my croaky voice. 

"I gotta go home..." Alyson spoke up. "I hope you get better, britch." She waves and walks out, Andrew nods in farewell and goes after her.

"How long have the people in black been after you?" Emma asked.

"They were around for a while but they never attacked me like they did today." 

"And you never said anything?" Shane gaped.

"I didn't want you to think i'm insane." 

"you're not! Not at all!" 

Emma backed up a bit and jack gave her a confused look.

"I'm sorry, i have to... go" She ran out. 

"Oh god, emma," Jack sighed. "I'm her ride home so i have to go with her but i hope you're okay. See you." he ran after emma.

I looked down at my bandages and a tear slipped down my cheeks. They all think i'm crazy. And even i think i'm crazy. 

"Shane, get a doctor..." I whispered.

"What why? What's wrong?" He stepped closer to me.

"I'm gonna tell them." I stated.

"No... Britch, you're not crazy."

"Shane, get a goddamn doctor. I need to tell them."

"Britch..." He pleaded.

"Shane, please..." 

He sighed and went to get a doctor as i thought of what i could possibly say. How could i make it sound like i was sane and okay. 

But i'm not...