Chapter 5

Hope you're enjoying the story.

***********

"Hey! Mom! I'm home!" I shouted through the house as I entered.
"Welcome hunny. Madison is upstairs waiting for you."
I don't respond and rush upstairs.
I barge in my room and see my bestfriend on my bed watching a movie on my laptop.
"'Sup Madds. You feeling better? I heard." I said sitting by my bestfriend.
"I'm alright. It was just a headache but I'm fine now."
"That's great to hear. Whatcha watching?"
"Captain America: Civil War." She smirked
"This is like the hundredth time you're watching this." I groaned
"Its addictive" Madison defended herself. She closed the laptop and sat facing me.
"What was that all about today?" She questioned me
"What was what about?" Honestly I didn't know what she was talking about.
"With that new guy. You guys were staring at each other. Hard. And I also heard you guys were making eye contact at lunch today. May I just remind you that you have a date with Kyle". Madison just ranted on
I knew this would happen.
"Well Madison, if you must know, we were acting. So we had to look at each other". I smiled at my answer
"After the act dummy!"
"Oh. Well...that was just..him saying...you were great..o-out there..on..s-stage?"
Wow! That was terrible.
"You really are terrible at lying".
She was right. I am a bad liar
"Actually...I don't know what that was all about honestly". I sighed
"I believe you. But be careful. I heard he's bad news".
"Wow. Things spread around quickly don't they? But, I have Kyle to think about".
We both smiled. I couldn't tell her about him being my tutor. I needed a distraction and quick.
"Madds. You look terrible"
"Thanks a lot Anna"
"Oh not that way. You look pale. I think this headache might be coming back" I say and feel her temperature.
"I do feel weak. Maybe I should go home"
"As much as I would want you to stay, yeah you do. You have to rest. Don't worry I'll do your homework" I smiled at her
"Thanks. You're the greatest. I'll see you tomorrow."
We hug each other and she leaves my room.

Phew! I just had to. I didn't want to know how she would react upon hearing this devastating news.

I grab my phone and start texting Kyle. We've got a date on Friday. Bowling. Not exactly my cup of tea but sounds fun.

I decide to write on my blog but I was distracted by the sound of trucks and voices.

I look out and see a moving truck. Neighbours?

I see a tall woman. Black hair. Pretty enough to be a model. A tall very attractive man. Model too? Black hair too.
A little girl. Black hair too. Model too? Hmm. I guess it runs in the family. Their genes are awesome. I look a bit closer and spot someone familiar. I squint my eyes a bit more and...

Oh No! Adrien!

"Adrien?" I must've said that loudly because he turned in my direction. I stepped back abruptly and jumped on my bed.

Could this day get worse?

I log into Instagram and the first picture I see is of Kyle and Makayla. His ex. WtF!!

I groan into my pillow and just think. Think about nothing. Think about everything. Why is he with her?
I know you can still hang with your ex but I heard their breakup was...what word can I use for it..um.yeah...horrendous. That's the word. Horrendous.

Apparently, Makayla even went as far as hacking into all his social media accounts and deleting them. Not before sending hateful messages to like the whole school. Then there was the screaming and the threats of suicide and murder.

I won't lie it fascinated me but I was scared she could actually kill Kyle.

Now that I see them together, I don't know what to think.

I decide to text Ellis. The school's gossip

A- hey El. What's the deal with this?(Image)

E- Not sure yet. But, I heard they might get back together.

A- Is that so? Okay thanks

E- Don't be down. Kyle hasn't gone on a date after the breakup and I heard he asked you out so that's good. Right?

A- I guess so. Bye

Okay. So there's two sides to this story. The rumor side and the real side. So I decide to text Kyle. But he texts me first

K- If you see a picture of me and Makayla don't believe what they're saying about it. Its an old picture.

A- Oh I haven't but I wont.

K- Okay. Good. What's up?

A- Nothing really, bout to hit the books. You?

K- Babysitting. *sad face emoji*

A- Aaw I'm sure it's not that bad.

There's a knock on the door when I hit send. I hear talking and my mom calls me downstairs.
I decide to send Kyle one last text.

A- Gotta go. I'll text you later.

I throw my phone on my bed and head downstairs.

"What's up m.."

I see Adrien and his family in my house. I stop dead in my tracks

"What's wrong Anna? Looks like you've seen a ghost" my mom says to me

I Have

I shake my head and just continue down the stairs.

"Mr. and Mrs. Jones, this is my daughter, Annabelle Woode."
"Pleasure to meet you Annabelle. This is our daughter Ashley and our son, Adrien" Mrs. Jones said
I simply smile and nod and shake their hands. When I get to Adrien I don't even look at him
"Good to see you again Anna"

I ignore him and just step back.

"You guys have already met?" My mom asked
"Yes, we have. I got to her school now. So its our school now right?" Everyone laughs and I just stand there confused. So does Ashley. We both smile because of how we don't understand the situation. She looks our age. But actually she's 13.

Adrien is acting different. For once he's smiling. And he's being nice. Liar!!!

I excuse myself and go upstairs. Hopefully a bathe can calm me down.

A/n: If this chapter is rubbish..LOL..I'm sorry. I was just kinda typing away. I'll go over and see if there's anything to change. But enjoy the rest. Vote. Comment. Share. Remember to recommend this book to your friends. XO..ALP