Chapter 8

A/n: Where were we? Ah yes...

He leaned in as if to kiss me. I could feel his warm minty breath inches away from my face. I could feel my heart beating a thousand times faster. Butterflies erupted in my stomach. His lips just an inch away from mine.
This is it. We're about to kiss. I closed my eyes but nothing. I opened it to see Adrien looking deeply into them.

"I'm sorry"  was all he said. And left through the window.

I stood there, in the center of my room, not knowing what to do. All that I could think about was Adrien. Why did he almost kiss me?
What was he thinking?
Why didn't he kiss me?
Does he like me?
No wait.
Do I like him?

I groaned in frustration and jumped on my bed. With my face in my pillow I screamed.

I try to fall asleep hoping I would wake up tomorrow and realize this was all just a bad dream. Not a nightmare. A bad dream. There's a difference.

Ring! Ring!
I woke up on hearing my phone ringing.
"Hello?" I managed to muffle into my phone.
"Annabelle, its Adrien. Meet me at the park in 20 minutes"
Then he hang up. Well so much for a do nothing day.

I checked the time. 9:20. Wow. I've been asleep for long. I take a quick shower, brush my teeth, put on some casual clothes and head downstairs.

"Good Morning, Angel"
"Good Morning, Dad""Where's mom?"
"She left for work a few moments ago. How are you today?"
"I'm good. How are you?"
"Good too"
"Well Dad I'm meeting a friend at the park. I'll be home by 3:30" If not I'll probably be at the Library. And if I'm not home by 5. Call the police. Love you, bye" I say and kiss my dad on the cheeks and walk out before he says anything.

It's a beautiful day today and I decide to walk. I walk by all the dogs and cats playing and the kids too. With some parents working on their garden. The birds are chirping away and I couldn't ask for more this morning.

As I get closer to the park I remember why I'm going to the park and get a little nervous. Actually, a lot nervous.
Should I turn around? I ask myself as I'm getting closer. In a moment I spot Adrien sitting on a bench close to the playground on his phone.
I walk closer and he turns around.
"Hey Adrien. You wanted to see me?" I ask, my voice trembling
"Yeah. I wanted to remind you that the test for your extra credit is Monday, so we have to meet up on Sunday, tomorrow." He said so calmly and relaxed.
Wait. Huh? I'm confused. He made me come here just so he could tell me we have to study tomorrow. He's crazy.

"I know what you're thinking, but it is such a beautiful day and I figured you were gonna stay indoors the whole day and I wanted you to experience this beautiful day"
He was right about one thing. And well today is very beautiful but what about last night?
"I thought we were gonna talk about last night? With the almost kiss. With you, and me?" I say awkwardly
"Oh that. My apologies. It was just in the heat of the moment. Thank God nothing happened" And he chuckled.
He realised my straight expression and his smile disappeared.
"Wait, Annabelle. Did you think I like you?"

Honestly, I did.

"What? Oh no. Like you said, "heat of the moment" No big" I said and laughed nervously.
His facial expression was now concerned
"Annabelle, I'm so sor-"
"Haha no need to apologise. I actually brought this up because I wanted to ask if you were thinking about it. I wasn't"
His face relaxed
"Yeah. Me neither. I'm glad we had this talk"
"Me too. Goodbye Adrien"
"Goodbye Annabelle"

I stood up and walked away.

I started running to nowhere when I was out of sight. I eventually ended up in a corner. I sat down sliding against the wall and started crying. I was so hurt. I was so stupid. No one can ever like me.
So much for a perfect morning.
I felt water on me and I looked up. Great. Just great. Rain. Spoke too soon.

I got home soaking wet. I went straight up to my room. Dried myself and got into something comfortable. I text Dad that I came home earlier and I'm okay. Turns out he was still in the house. He texted back if I wanted company and said I was okay. I pick up my laptop and log into Facebook. Adrien posted something 10 minutes ago.

"It's so sad when desperate people think you like them just because you called them beautiful. Haha"

37 Likes. 20 Comments. 5 Shares.

I slam my laptop shut and just cry.

A/n: Aaaw poor Anna. Everything will be alright