never enough: luke kennard

every day with luke is an adventure, from exploring campus when you come to visit him to even just laying on his bed playing video games.
but when it starts to snow, you know exactly what luke wants.
he always is up before you, the goddamn early bird; but the morning of the first snow in durham he wakes you up bright and early at 8:30am.
"baby!!! it snowed!! wake up!!" he kept poking your cheek too, until you cracked an eye open and saw his bright smile, and how could you ever say no to that baby face?
"okay, okay, luke; i'm up. give me a minute here."
"okay i'm gonna get clothes ready and i'm gonna see if the boys wanna have a snowball fight and it's gonna be so fun!!!"
he's already got his puffy jacket and 7 layers of clothing on by time you're done getting dressed and you can't help but laugh because he looks like an annoyed child.
whining at your laughing he says "come ON. i want to make snowballs!" and he grabs your hand and drags you out of his dorm room, clicking it shut behind him.

-----
once you reach the courtyard behind his dorm, he's already crouched in the snow before your eyes can even adjust to the bright morning.
which means he hits you in the face with a snowball before you can even register what's happening.
he's cracking up at your shocked expression, dimples on full display. "gotcha!"
to which you reply with a shove, pushing him
into the fluffy white snow covering the ground.
he lets out a huff, his breath coming out in a puff of steam in the cold air.
"gotcha," you reply with a smirk.
he smiles back, a full crinkly eyed smile and grabs your hand to pull you down into the snow with him.
"come on, let's make snow angels!"
"luke, you're insane. it's fucking freezing out here, what is wrong with you?"
"i just can't get too much of you, baby. you're just so cute when you're annoyed."
"yeah, i'm gonna be really adorable in a second, then."
"can't wait to see it! come oooon, just one snow angel." and he's pouting now cause he's a brat and he knows you'll never say no to that face.
"fine. ONE snow angel."
he smiles bright again and kisses your cheek.
"deal, one."

you spend another two hours outside because no matter what luke kennard says, he never keeps his word (but you'd never have him any other way).