eight

The following morning, I walk into class to see everyone talking about the results they had gotten from the exam. I quickly settle down in my seat, and a paper is passed to me.

And I stare blankly at the large 34% on exam.

Now disappointed, I quickly glance to  others around me. Melanie got a 67%, whilst Andy got a 98%. It seems like the only person who got lower than me was Jacob, who had skipped/"been away" 30% of the lessons.

"Emma, could you talk to me for a moment? Bring your paper too." Brendon says, and I reluctantly walk up to his desk.

"I'm sorry Emma but your exam results are really disappointing. It could be really damaging to your overall grade."

"I'm sorry sir."

Brendon takes my paper from my hand, and circles a few letters, "You see, you did great at pointing out the evidence," he circles a few more, "but didn't explain it very well." He hands the paper back to me.

Meet me after school in room 8

"Do you understand?"

"Yes, sir. I do." I return to my seat, and I swear to god I could almost see that bastard with a smirk on his face.

No one really suspects a thing even though I sat down with a wide smile on my face.

-
Art and Spanish is a drag, and as soon as I leave the classroom I hurriedly run down to room 8, almost tripping over myself multiple times. I wasn't expecting much, certainly not sex or anything, I just think this would be more  than a lecture.

I knock on the door, and open it after. Brendon is sat at his desk, with piles of papers in front of him as usual.

Unfortunately, it is just as much of a lecture as any other thing. Brendon explains to me how I need to improve my performance, or my final grade will suffer greatly. I nod at his every word, not in the mood to respond.

I begin, "Well there have a few issues in my life that might be affecting this but-"

"Do you want to go out for dinner some time?"

I stare at Brendon, stunned.

"W-what?"

He quickly regrets his words, "I mean- fuck- not in a sexual way, I just want to apologise for everything and I- oh god I'm blabbing on sorry-"

"Yeah," I giggle, "I'll go to dinner with you."

"Really? Oh god that's a relief- I mean- not that I wanted to go out, I just-"

"You're cute when you're confused."

"I'm not!" Brendon whines childishly.

"Yes you are." I giggle.

"Stopppp." He drags on his words like a 3 year old. (But it's adorable.)

"Right, so when do I meet you?"

"how about Saturday night? I'll pick you up?"

"Yeah okay, just," I scribble down my number, surprisingly remembering it, "Just text me where okay? I don't want my parents to find out..."

"Yeah sure. I'll see you on Saturday." Brendon takes the piece of paper into his hands and smiles at me.

"See you then." I smile, take my bags and leave.