6.

Mariella.

"So, what do you think?" Brooklyn looked at me. "You wanna move in with us?"

"Yeah. I would love to Brook." I smiled. She smiled back. "Good. You are such a great help around here bestie. Like I really appreciate it."

I waved her off. "It's fine, girl. I know how hard it is with everything that's happened."

"Yeah. After Bryson attempted to commit suicide that first time my whole mind has just been..." She sighed.

"I understand completely." I sighed as well, looking into the living room where Bryson slept on the couch.

"How many times has he uh...tried it?" I turned back to her. She looked at me, then looked away and spoke.

"Two weeks ago makes it his 4th attempt. 4 times."

I stared at the side of my bestfriends face as she refused to look at me. I saw a tear fall down her carmel cheek, followed by a few more.

Sighing, I got up without another word, walking around the table to her. I reached my arms out and she got up, accepting my hug.

"I just...Marely I don't know w-what to do anymore." She broke down in my arms. "It's so hard being afraid to come home from work and find your little brother dead on the floor. Can you imagine that?"

"I can't honestly. But trust me Brook, as long as I'm here he won't hurt himself. I won't let him." My eyes watered. "I promise."

She didn't speak again, she just cried. And cried and cried in my small arms.

My heart ached for her and Bryson, their situation was something I knew all too well and it pained me to watch someone else go through it too.

"Shhhh. Shh it's okay." I rubbed Brooklyn's back, soothing her. Her crying calmed down slightly.

"I have to go to work like this now. Great." She sighed, breaking away from our hug.

"Maybe you should call off." I suggested. "I mean when is the last time you and Bryson got away from everything for a while and spent time together?"

"I can't remembe honestly." She said.

"Call off Brooklyn. And then I'll take us all somewhere so you and Bry can spend some time together." I smiled a little.

"But-" I cut her off.

"Go call, Brook. Trust me you need a day off from that job." I sighed.

She frowned, but took off to her room, defeated. I smiled, walking to the living room.

"Bryson." I shook him. He mumbled things under his breath, moving around. I giggled a little and his eyes shot open, making me jump.

"What the..oh, hey." He sat up, wiping his eyes. "Get up sleepy head." I said to him, hitting him with one of the couch pillows.

I started to walk off when I felt a pillow smack my butt. Turning around, I looked at him in disbelief.

He began laughing. "You must think it's candy, okay Bry, I got you." I said picking up the pillow.

"Wait...candy-" I cut him off, throwing the pillow. It smacked his face and I busted out laughing.

He got up, making me scream as I took off down the hall. He began chasing me all around the apartment, getting close multiple times.

I tried to keep my breathing straight but I couldn't stop laughing and screaming.

I turned the corner and smacked into the wall, falling on my ass. Bryson ran up, and started laughing when he saw me on the floor.

"It's not funny." I said through laughter. I reached up and he grabbed my hands, pulling me to my feet.

My chest was close to his as I came face to face with him. My laughter ceased as we stared into each others eyes.

He licked his lips, pushing some of my hair behind my ear softly.

Just then, Brooklyn came out of her room. We hurriedly moved apart as she walked up.

"What the hell is yall up to?" She laughed a little. "Running around laughing and shit. Kids."

"Oh hush. Just mad you missed out on the fun." I waved her off.

"Mhm, whateva. I called off, by the way." She smiled a little. "Good." I nodded.

"Well, Bryson go get ready. We're gonna all go do something today." Brooklyn said to him.

"Something like?" He questioned.

"Something like something now go." She said with a laugh. She seemed extra bubbly and happy even after this morning, which made me happy as well.

Bryson seemed different as well. He wasn't quiet around me anymore, not like how he was when we first met.

This was a new side of him I was seeing and I would be lying if I said I didn't like it. I just hoped there was a way to keep him that way.

To keep both of them happy. And at peace, that was all I wanted.

"Okay, so I'm thinking maybe if we go to your dorm and get your things, then go get icecream and maybe go skating too?" Brooklyn suggested.

"Sounds good to me." I said. She smiled. "Good, that's the plan then."

I played with her wavy hair, smiling at her. "Your glowing all of a sudden. What's the news?" I asked.

"Huh?" She asked.

"Your happy, what's going on?" I laughed a little. "I'm just...I'm feeling good today." She said. "After our talk this morning I've felt refreshed. Like a weight has been lifted."

"Crying does help though. But good, I'm glad your feeling better. You deserve to be happy, you and Bryson both do." I sighed. "I'm seeing progress though. It's slow but it's steady. It's a start."

"It's honestly because of you." Brooklyn said. "Every since you came around..I've still been on and off but it's better. Especially with Bryson, I've seen a major change in him."

"Really? Because of little ole me?" I asked. She laughed. "Yes, because of little ole Marely...honestly, if I'm not mistaking, I think Bryson might have a little crush on you."

I was taken back...slightly. From him letting me sleep on him, to our eye connections...I wasn't too suprised at her assumptions but I didn't let her see that.

"What makes you say that?" I asked.

"Have you seen the way he looks at you? Marely, he likes y-" Bryson came down the hall suddenly.

"Okay, I'm ready." He said, looking down at his phone. Brook looked at me, smirking. I shook my head at her.

"Alrighty, let's go."

----

This was short and overdo lmao I'm sorry yall.

Hope yall still enjoyed though. Much love❤

Updates soon, thanks for reading.

-Nessa💕