Chapter 2

~Chapter 2~

On this day, years before, Ed and Al left us. We knew the reason. However, we did not enjoy the resolve. The day before they were just tinkering away with their books. Excitement showed in their eyes.

The next day, disaster hit. Edward had an auto mail arm and leg, he endured the pain of attaching new fake body parts to his remaining body with such strength and bravery. It killed us inside to watch him in so much pain.

Alphonse lost his body completely. Alphonse was now a soul attached to a body of armor. No touch, no feel, no warmth, no taste or sense of smell. It was all taken away. Their eyes seemed blank, emotionless.

When Mustang came by with his offer of becoming a military dog, how could Ed not take it? Ed would never pass the opportunity to bring everything back to normal. This was his chance, and he left the next day.

Now, Today. I will join them. I'm not sure if Ed was successful in joining as a military alchemist but I will succeed. I've studied all the books I could muster. It would have been easier if Ed and Al didn't burn down their house before they left. I could've used their alchemy books.

I will help them. They need me. I want to help them find the philosophers stone. I remember when Al was explaining the most important law of alchemy called equivalent exchange. Humankind cannot obtain anything without first sacrificing something in return. In order to obtain anything something of equal value is required.

I will help them. No matter the cost. With this determination set in my mind, I set off in my journey for them.