FitzSimmons

Gaaahhh Lincoln died!!! *Cries* Why can't Daisy just be happy?

Jemma's POV

Fitz and I were on holiday, walking along the streets of New York. Autumn was just turning to winter and I could see tiny snowflakes glistening in the air around me. I have always thought snowflakes were beautiful, each one different, like people. Each one had personality, a reason to be loved. . . or hated. Memories surfaced, Ward, Hydra, the same person, both parasitical. Weeding their way into the hearts of others, just to kill. Jemma stop, I chided myself, He's dead, you're with Fitz and you're happy now.

I look over at Fitz and smile. He smiles back, a big, wide grin that lights up his face. I can't help but giggle, it's been so long since I had seen such a real expression on his face. His expression changed to a puppy-like confused one. I looked back down at our intertwined hands as we kept walking. We had just come across a turn that had led to Central Park. Fitz squeezed my hand and I squeezed back as he pointed to a wooden bench, which somehow wasn't covered in snow. It was coming down a little heavier now. We sat down. And, even though there was so many people just bustling about, it felt quite. Like the sense of peacefulness that came when we finished a mission, but happier. It was always happier, the silence. But only when I was with Fitz. 

I love Fitz, I think I have known that for a while. We were both just too scared to make the first move. Stupid, really, I know. I mean, I could've been this happy years ago. I look back at him and he has his nose buried in a book he had kept in his bag. His nose was scrunched up and he was squinting slightly, probably because of the bright light reflecting of the snow. There were a couple inches on the ground already, and the sky was full of clumps of the thick snow. I sighed and my breath looked frosty in the cold air. Fitz didn't notice the sound, ever so oblivious. I knew we would have to leave soon and was about to try and get his attention when a sound made me look up. An older couple walking along the path caught my eye and I studied them a bit more. They looked to be in their fifties and the man had a bit of silver in his otherwise jet black hair, giving it a salt and pepper sort of look. They both had such bright eyes, the kind where you can tell that these people actually live. They enjoy life and love, they understand the fact that something so precious can be taken in an instant. The couple is talking animatedly, the man waving his hands around and pulling weird faces. The woman is just looking at him, seemingly amused, and her blonde hair is flying with the gusts of wind coming through. 

I see the woman smirk and her lips move quickly. Almost instantaneously the man throws his head back, eyes closed, and a loud laugh echoes through the air. His hand comes up to clutch the woman's shoulder and she lays her hand over his.  Silver wedding bands flash on their fingers with the movement. I smiled and looked back at Fitz to see him staring at me, book long forgotten. He then voices the same thought running through my mind. 

"I want us to be like that."

Short, I know, there is definitely another chapter in the works. It will come in the next week or so depending on how much time I have. I stupidly decided to sign my life away with regular school work and other stuff. *NOT EDITED*

-Chairman