It's worth a shot

It's been three months and I've been staying with Andrew. I've gotten a job at a local store down the street from the apartment and I pay Andrew half the rent and I pay for half the food. Andrew didn't want me to get a job. He offered to let me stay at his apartment for free mainly because he's never really home himself since he's always with Shawn doing interviews or recording or going on these talk shows. The closes he's been to me since I've left him was a few blocks away performing at the Today Show.

He has no clue I'm staying with Andrew.

The fans figured out we spilt and I got a lot of hate for that. It was apparently my fault. They somehow figured out I left Shawn and that made everything a hundred times worse.

Occasionally some fans would show up at my job and be unexceptionally rude. If I wasn't at work we probably would've been fighting.

Both Andrew and I were sitting on the couch watching reruns of 1,000 ways to die when there was a knock on the apartment door. "I got it." I said getting up and walking to the door. I opened the door and in came a crying Shawn.

"Andrew I can't do this anymore! I miss her so much! Tell me where she is I need to apologize and make things right! I'll do anything to get her back and keep her. Please tell me where she's is!" Shawn begged not even realizing I'm the one who opened the door. Shawn took a breath ready to beg Andrew to tell him my whereabouts.

"Where is she And-...." he wiped his eyes and looked at me then over at Andrew who he was sitting next to without realizing. "Nevermind..." Shawn spoke slowly looking at Andrew then back at me.

"You were here the entire time..?" He asked and I nodded not looking at Shawn.

"I don't even know what to say. I'm at a loss of words. Just a few minutes ago I knew what I was going to say and now that you're here in front of my face I don't know what to say." He said slowly but gently moving closer to me.

"I-I have work." I stuttered

"No you don't, you have the day off." Andrew says without thinking. I look at him with the 'shut up' look and his eyes go wide when he realized I was trying to get away from Shawn. He mouthed the word sorry and I rolled my eyes.

"Can we please go out and talk about everything please?" Shawn asked and I looked at Andrew.

"Gerty can I get a word with you?" I asked and Shawn sighed.

Me and Andrew walked into his room and I lost it.

"I don't know what to do? He was the love of my life, he really was. It took me so long to get over him and now he's back. I mean I should've known we would've crossed paths eventually he's always here in New York and you're always spending time with him. It was bound to happen. But I don't know what I should do Gerty. I've found a way to be happy without him and now he's back and miserable and I don't know what to do. I still love him, I always will love him no matter what. How do I know he actually changed? What if we get back together and a week later he's abusing me again? I don't know how much more abuse I can take from him before I'm officially allowed to crack." I panicked and Andrew pulled me into a tight hug.

"Honestly I believe you should give him another chance. You haven't seen his recent interviews. When he gets asked questions about you his face lights up but then you can see it fade once he realizes you're no longer his." Andrew says then pulls out his phone pulling up a recent interview he had a month ago.

Andrew skipped to the part where they asked asked Shawn about me.

"This may be very personal but there is a rumor going around saying that you and your Fiancée Jasmine split after a few fans pointed out that you guys were deleting pictures of one another and the picture of you proposing to Jasmine was deleted. Is that true?" Shawn faintly smiled at the sound of my name before it quickly disappeared. "Yeah. I kinda messed it up with her really badly causing us to split." Shawn said looking down at the ground.

"Aw I'm sorry to hear that." The female interviewer said pulling him into a hug. "It's okay." Shawn smiled. "I'm just glad she's happy doing her own thing. I still love her very much and who knows maybe we'll cross paths again and get back together." Shawn smiled a genuine smile at the thought of us getting back together.

I sighed and looked up at Andrew. "So you really think I should try to work things out with Shawn?" I asked and Gerty nodded. "It's worth a shot." Andrew said and I hugged him before walking out his room.

Shawn was still in the same place where I left him. He looked anxious.

"I'm going to um... go get dressed and we can go someplace to talk..." I say and walk into my room and looked through everything I owned. I had to own something decent.

I found a pair of black ripped skinny jeans and a white crop top. I put on a pair of black and white high top converse before spraying some perfume and walking out of my room to see Shawn and Gerty talking.