Three

The boys had started to come to the catering room for every meal. I had it down to an art. They would show up at seven for breakfast, three for lunch, and seven for dinner.

            Lydia and I spent the majority of our days doing boring things like cooking and cleaning. She's figured out that my strengths lie in tasks that are impossible for me to fuck up.

            I was on my twelfth piece of toast to butter when she started to hum to herself.

            "What are you singing?" I asked, dunking my knife down into the tub of goo for more.

            "Nothing," She blushed.

            "Where have I heard that?" I hummed, flinging my knife around.

            "Watch where you swing that," She hissed, shoving me away.

            She handed me another piece of toast to butter and threw more slices into the huge toaster we have.

            I did as I was told and chomped on my gum to keep myself busy.

            I really wanted to figure out what she was singing. I knew that I knew it from somewhere... I just couldn't pin point where it was.

            "Wish that I could wake up with Amnesia," She whispered, doing a tiny spin.

            "Ah ha!" I yelled, slamming the bread down onto the table.

            "What?" She shouted back at me, hands pressed into her heart.

            "You like them!" I yelled.

            "Who?"

            "5 Seconds of Summer!" I said, stomping my foot down.

            "I do not!" She argued. "I just hear them all the time!"

            "You like them!" I beamed.

            She walked away from me with red cheeks to go and get the eggs but I wasn't going to let her off the hook that easy. I followed closely on her heels and poked her back repeatedly until she turned around to look at me.

            "Stop," She begged.

            "Who's your favourite?" I asked, cocking out a hip with a wicked smile.

            "No one," She sighed.

            "Yes," I nodded. "Tell me."

            "Parker its nothing!"

            "We have been working together for like three weeks already and you think you can keep secrets?" I asked with a fake sob.

            She shot me the death look but I was determined to keep going until I won.

            "I would tell you anything Lydia, anything,"

            I watched her mouth turn up into a hard line.

            "I feel like we're at that level where we can share things,"

            "Okay Parker!" She snapped. "Michael."
            "Michael?" I gasped. "Control freak Lydia likes the rebellious one?"

            She nodded and grabbed a spoon to mix her eggs with.

            "I like that he's fun," She shrugged. "And whenever he's in here he makes me laugh."