24

"Ah there you are, son! This is Lady Irina and I've filled her in with the details! You guys will be getting married in 3 months!" Mrs Kaneki spoke excitedly whilst pointing her palm towards the blonde haired female sitting in front of her.

Touka could tell that Irina was from an established family from her elegant white lace dress and various expensive accessories. She was a beautiful lady, having an oval face, slim nose and thin lips. She squeezed Kaneki's hand and he squeezed it back to reassure her.

"I will not marry anyone else other than Touka." He frowned.

"Oh my..." Lady Irina said softly.

Turning to the blonde, his mother apologized. "I'm so sorry about my son. It seems that he still has not made up his mind. I'll persuade him later. I'm sure you must be tired, coming all the way here."

A tall and elegant man entered the room. "Lady Irina, I will escort you to the exit."

"Thank you, Sebastian." Mrs Kaneki said.

The two left, leaving only the 3 of them in the room. With her back facing them, the older lady spoke. "Lady Irina is a really understanding person. I've explained everything to her and she doesn't mind getting married to you at all. Even her parents have agreed to let her marry into our family. I'm sure you'll like her more than Touka over there."

"You even spoke to her parents? I can't believe you. I will only marry Touka." He stood his ground.

Ignoring his statement, she continued, "Irina's father have invested quite a bit in our company and I'm sure you wouldn't want us to lose a business partner, would you? Losing them is equivalent to losing 10 billion yen and that is not small sum."

Kaneki gritted his teeth and clenched his fists. She knew that his company was as important as Touka and that he could only pick one. "You're playing dirty."

She chuckled and stood up, walking to stand in front of him. "I wouldn't say that. If I were to say, I'm doing this for you. I heard from Madam Roly* about the dance that day. You had to cover up for Touka because she tripped, didn't you? And then when everyone found out about it and that she was just a normal girl, what happened next? They started looking down on her and you, right? I'm doing this because I don't want you to experience those feelings again because of her." She purposely said the last word louder.

*Madam Roly is the skinny lady with curly hair from the ball.

"So you never had any intention of accepting Touka as my girlfriend from the start?" His eyes hardened.

"That's right."

Glancing over to the violet haired female who had her head tilted down, she smirked. "I'll leave you guys to discuss."

With that, she left the room.

---

Kaneki turned to Touka and took her hands into his. "Don't take her words to heart. She's being unreasonable. Don't worry, I'll do something about this."

She shook her head. "It's okay already. Let's break up."