30

For the next few days, every time Irina replaces the old incense with a new one, he would throw it into the trash after she leaves the room. Finally after a week, his memories returned. Laying on the bed, he opened his eyes. Touka...

He wants to see her immediately and hug and kiss her but he knows now is not the right time and that he has to do something about this situation so he holds his urge back.

---

A few days after that, Irina noticed there was something different in Kaneki's behavior towards her. He used to shower her with affection but now he rarely does and ignores her even. A part of her thought that maybe he was just busy with work and that he doesn't have time but it was strange. 

In the past, no matter how tired and occupied he was with work, he never neglected her. But he is doing that to her now. She is starting to think it had something to do with the incense. I change it everyday personally so why is he being like that? Or could it be he realized and removed it without my knowledge? If that's the case, then there's a high possibility that he will remember that bitch!

Irina quickly entered his room and checked on the incense. It was still there. Puzzled, she returned to his working room. Kaneki smiled internally. I knew you would check on the incense and so I had a similar one made with the same smell and appearance, the only difference was that it wouldn't make me drowsy.

She walked towards him and cupped his cheeks to make him look at her. "Hey Ken, why are you so cold to me these days? Did something happen?"

He thought of an appropriate reply. Wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her closer, he replied, "Nothing happened, darling."

Smiling, she caressed his cheeks and played with his hair. "Is that so? You must be tired from all the work. I'll get you some soup."

"Thanks."

Needless to say, he also threw the soup away. 

---

At night...

"Ken look over here~" Irina purred.

The black haired male turned towards the source of the voice and he saw Irina at his door, wearing a lingerie and standing in a very suggestive pose. He remained unmoved by her sexy appearance and asked, "why are you still here? Aren't you supposed to be home?"

"Well this is going to my home anyway so staying here a night or two wouldn't hurt, right?" She said as she walked towards him.

It won't be your home, it'll be Touka's... 

"So what do you think of my dress?"

If he were to be honest, he would rather see Touka in it. But he had to keep his character so she wouldn't suspect anything. "It's nice." He answered.

Wrapping her arms around his neck, she stood on her toes to press her lips to his. He stood there and did not return her kiss. She pulled back and giggled. "Could it be that you're nervous?"

Since he did not reply her, she positioned his arms around her waist. Irina whispered, "make love to me, Ken."

Shit.

He can't make love to her, it would feel like he was cheating on Touka and he doesn't want that. He had to come up with an excuse somehow. "Shouldn't these things be done after marriage?"

"You know you've been very strange these days and I would like to confirm that you don't remember anything about that girl. Make love to me and convince me. If you don't, I will know that you have regained your memories."

She was testing him, he knows it. What should he do?

Squeezing his eyes shut, he carried her up, laid her down onto the bed and got on top of her. She smirked.

I have no choice. 

Leaning down to capture her lips, he sucked and closed his eyes. I'm sorry, Touka.

Running his hands over her body, it was a foreign feeling and he didn't like it. He vaguely tried to remember how his hands felt like when it was on Touka's body.  Touka's skin was rougher and she had smaller breasts than Irina. Though overall Irina had a better body than Touka, he still preferred the latter and the woman in front was definitely not Touka, the woman he loves so very much. Touka's smiling face appeared in front of him and he opened his eyes.

Kaneki withdrew his hands and sat up. "I can't do this."

Irina sat up as well. "So I take it that you remember that woman?"

He furrowed his eyebrows and nodded.

"I knew it. We will be having our wedding in three days, you hear me? You will marry me, whether you like it or not."

After dropping that bomb of news, she took his phone with her and left the room. The black haired male stared blankly into space.