31

The morning sun shone through the window with the birds singing outside. The violet haired female rose from her bed and yawned. She got off of her bed and went to pick up the newspaper at the doorstep. Scanning the headlines briefly, her eyes almost popped out of her head when she saw the words: A MARRIAGE THAT WILL LEAD TO A BRIGHTER FUTURE IN BUSINESS, LADY IRINA & SIR KANEKI KEN.

"Kaneki?!" Touka screamed and she read on.

MARRIAGE WILL BE HELD IN 3 DAYS @ ST. JOHN'S CHURCH 12PM.

She grabbed her hand phone and dialed him.

"The user is currently not available. Please leave a message after the beep sound. Thank you."

BEEP.

"Kaneki, please call me back when you're available."

She put the phone down and unable to just sit around, she changed into decent clothes and made her way to his house. Upon reaching the house, she found that the gates were closed and there were security guards outside. It seems like that they have stepped up the security as she couldn't even get pass them and was turned away when she approached them.

On the day of the wedding...

The black haired male sat there in a black tuxedo and tamed hair. Any man would have been the happiest guy on earth on this day but not Kaneki. He was miserable. He stared into space and many thoughts ran through his mind. Is this really the end? What have I ever done to deserve this? All I did was fall in love like any normal human being would. Why is everything like this? I wish I had proposed to Touka before all of this happened...

His mother entered the room and took a good look at her handsome son. Pulling him to stand, she made adjustments to his tie and said, "It's time. Behave yourself out there as there'll many paparazzi. We need to get good pictures taken so put on a smile even if you have to force yourself."

He never looked at her and just walked out of the room.

---

Standing at the altar, Kaneki took a deep breath and the music started playing when the bride walked down the aisle with her father. They finally reach him and her father passed his daughter to him. He whispered, "please take care of my daughter."

The black haired male doesn't reply . The priest reads all the rules and blah blah blah and they reach the "I do" part.

"Will you, Ken Kaneki, take Irina Margaret as your wife?" 

He hesitated and the audience earnestly waited for his answer. At this point, Touka was outside at the doors but the security guards refused to let her in. "Let me in! I need to see Kaneki!" She shouted.

He heard her screaming from outside. Touka's here! I can't give up now! "No, I will not take Irina Margaret as my wife."

The crowd below gasped and the whole church filled with whispers.

"Ken what are you talking about?!" His mother shouted.

"While it is true that this marriage does not require love and may bring many more businesses in the future, I want to marry only for the sake of love. I do not love Irina but another woman. She started off as working as my personal servant but as time passed, I fell in love with her. She is a very strong woman, very humble and a kind person."

Hearing his words, the violet haired female felt her eyes burn and tears fell down. Kaneki then walked towards the doors and opened them. She looked up at him with wet eyes and he pulled her into the church, back to where Irina stood and showed her to everyone. "This is the woman I fell in love with."

He turned to Irina and bowed in front of her. "Therefore I'm very sorry I cannot marry you."

The blonde started laughing hysterically and stopped all of a sudden. She looked down at him with cold eyes. "You know what? Forget it! I don't need you. I'm done with all of...this! I'm done!"

"What but Irina-" Her father protested.

She got down the steps. "It's okay. Let's go. I don't want to stay here any longer."

"Okay darling. I won't forget this!" He shouted back at them before he turned back to hold his daughter's hand and their whole family exited the church.

"So Mr Kaneki, does that mean you'll marry her?" A man with a camera asked.

"No questions! Guards, escort the paparazzi out!" The guards did as they were told and even though the paparazzi started to get physical with them, the guards still managed to bring them out without any accidents.

A man with black and grey hair walked into the church. "What did I miss? Where's everyone? Oh! Are you Ms Irina? Nice to meet you. I'm Kaneki's father." He shook Touka's hand. He looked like a really nice old man and Kaneki resembles him a lot. No wonder they're father and son. Touka thought.

Though Mrs Kaneki felt like she was about to explode with anger, she kept it in. "Dear, she is not Irina. Get in the car everyone, we are going home to discuss this. Including you, Touka." She glared at the violet haired female.