Meet the Talk

Song: Almost by Bowling For Soup

I yawned as I walked down the stairs only to be greeted with an empty room and a letter on the fridge.

I've been here for about three weeks now and still haven't talked to Iori. Ema and Louis keep encouraging me to talk to him, but I'm so nervous.

"Suddenly got a call from a client to meet up with them... Sorry for the inconvenience, (Y/N)-chan. Also, if you could go grocery shopping that would be great. Thanks..." I read aloud and groaned.

"Wait..." I spotted words on the back. "Oh, and Iori-kun's shoot was cancelled so he will be home. Try to talk to him."

"Ukyo! Stop budding into other people's business!" I crimped the paper and threw it on the counter.

"(Y/N)-chan?" A sleepy voice comes from the stairway.

"A-ah! Ohayo! What would you like for breakfast?" I smiled at the prince.

"Anything is fine. Kyo-nii left?"

"Yes. He said a client called him."

Iori walked over to the counter and saw the piece of paper before looking at me.

"Is this yours?"

"Oh, yeah, it is." I grabbed the paper before putting it in the trash.

"Sit down, I'll make breakfast now." I said bluntly before walking over to the fridge and taking out the ingredients to make French toast.

"How's your modeling?" I asked him, shifting my eyes to look at him for a second before going back to cooking.

"It's good. Are you still painting?"

"Yes, I am. Honestly, I'm surprised you didn't go to college. You never wanted to be an idol or a model." I smiled softly to myself as I looked up at him to see him smiling back.

Iori nodded. "Yes, I never imagined myself becoming a model either. I don't regret that I did, though."

I hum in response before flipping the toast in the pan.

"You went back to pigtails." I blink at him and nod.

"Yeah, I did. I was trying to go with a Gasai Yuno look but it didn't work." I chuckled lightly before taking the toast out of the pan and onto plates.

Iori blinked at me.

"Gasai Yuno is an anime character..." I added and he nodded.

I handed him his plate with the syrup bottle before getting my own and sitting across from him at the table.

"Thank you for making this." Iori smiled at me and I nodded back wit a smile.

"No problem."

It was quiet for a while until we both finished our food. I went to get up but Iori stopped me.

"(Y/N)-chan..." I looked at him.

"Yeah?"

"Did you really mean that you loved me?"