Chapter Ten

CHARISSA'S POV

It has probably been more than a week since I've had a proper conversation with them. And by them of course I meant Michael, Trisha and Seth. 

I highly doubt they'd wanted to talk to me anyways, especially Trisha. Don't think that she'd forgive me that easily after I had knocked her out in front of our entire class. Not that I really needed to beg for her forgiveness or anything, I couldn't care less about her. 

Seth, on the other hand, no matter how dense he was, probably knew something was up. This was probably the longest period of time that I hadn't talked to him for, not counting summer. 

As for Michael? I didn't know why, but if I had to be concerned, I think I'd be most concerned about him. I wish I could take back all the things I said to him. He had taken me to the cafe out of pure kindness and I ended up saying ridiculous and harsh words to him, all for the sake of pride.  

Why was it that I met this boy for only a few weeks and he had managed to keep every piece of me on edge?

Of course, being the most popular girl of the entire year didn't exactly have its perks when situations like this happened. All the looks that people have shot me were either judgemental or sympathy — two of which I hated the most. I didn't need pity, nor do I need people pretending that they knew about my entire life story just because of some petty high school gossip. 

It was lunch at the moment, and I was seated where I had stayed the entire week. An isolated corner in the library. And before you begin judging me, yes, I do know that such things as books exist. Just because I had a good social life didn't mean that I'm automatically some dumb bimbo, although we probably got that covered in the first few chapters. 

I was just leafing through my Biology textbook before an awfully familiar voice suddenly came through my ears. 

"Why are we here again?" 

Holy crap. 

Seth. 

Seriously, what the hell was the quarterback of the football team doing in the library anyways? Did God really hate me that much? Out of all the years that I have dated him, he had never once even mentioned going to the library. Heck, I was sure that he didn't know that we even had a library.

"I told you, I had to check out the Biology text book from last week," I hear another voice that I knew all too well. Of course, it was none other than Michael. 

"Hurry up then," Seth says, "I'm starving." 

As I heard their voices coming nearer and nearer, my mind instantly switched to panic mode, and being the genius that I am, guess what I did? That's right. I hid under the table. 

Where they decided to settle down. Just great. 

"Bro, she's acting weird, I swear," was the first thing I hear Seth say from above. "Do you think she's got another guy?" 

Of course, I knew exactly who they were talking about. 

"Charissa isn't that type of girl, Seth." 

"Oh?" I hear Seth respond in a relatively cold tone, "And you would know?" 

"Everyone would know, you two have been the It couple for years now. She wouldn't want to damage her reputation by doing something ridiculous and stupid. Charissa isn't that type of person." 

Says the guy that decided to "fake date" behind his best friends back?

There were a few moments of silence, before Seth speaks up, "I guess so. It's just... ever since the summer ended and this year started, things just changed. We changed."