[12] House of Memories

"Her heart beats red wine, my toxic valentine."

"Thank you guys for coming out!" Carrie yelled, and the crowd cheered. "We're Toxic Valentine, and we hope to see you again soon!"

As the band walked off stage, Carrie was greeted by Colby, who gave her a hug. Once he let go, she looked up at him.

"Come with me," She said. "There's some people I want you to meet."

Without saying anything else, she walked away, so he had nothing to do but follow her.

They didn't have to go far, though, because the people Carrie was looking for arrived backstage shortly after the band walked off.

There were two of them – a guy and a girl.

The guy was younger than Colby, he could tell. He was pretty young, with short, black hair, and brown eyes.

The girl looked a lot like Carrie, just a couple of years older and with longer hair. Her eyes were green, though, not brown like Carrie's.

The guy was talking to the girl, but when his eyes landed on Colby, he stopped. He looked at Carrie.

"You didn't tell me you knew Seth Rollins!" He exclaimed, and Carrie just chuckled.

"I've only known him for a couple of weeks." She shrugged, as if that was reason enough. She looked at her friend. "Colby, this is my brother, David. He's probably going to call you Seth, but he's not too bad of a person."

"What kind of an introduction is that?" David asked, frowning. The girl next to him laughed.

"And that's my sister, Viola," Carrie said. "And before you ask: no, we're not twins."

"How'd you know I was going to ask that?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"We get it a lot," Viola replied, smiling at him. "But, I'm older."

"Five years older," Carrie added. "Which is why we think it's weird that people think we're twins."

Colby looked at David and Carrie. "Which one of you is older?"

"Me," Carrie replied. "By two years. But, David is way smarter. He's working on his master's degree, and all I'm doing is singing."

"I'd rather be able to sing than be completely tone deaf," David protested. Colby could tell that he was proud of his sister, even if she tried to downplay her accomplishments.

Carrie glanced behind, looking toward the stage. "They're almost done setting up, so you guys should head back out there. We should be at our merch table soon, and we can talk some more there."

David and Viola said their goodbyes, and they left.

***

Carrie leaned her head back and laughed.

It came out louder than she intended, and normally, she would've quickly stopped and apologized for bringing so much attention to them. Normally, she wouldn't have laughed that loudly because her own laugh wasn't something she liked the sound of. Colby, however, had the biggest smile on his face, and suddenly, she didn't care how loud she was.

They were currently at Disney World. Everyone had come, but people had split into groups shortly after arriving, and Carrie had decided to hang out with Colby. He was on crutches, and would be slower than everyone else, but since this was her first time coming, she didn't mind. Not only did she get to hang out with him one-on-one, but she wasn't being rushed around everywhere by people who had been to the amusement park before.

They had just gotten off a roller coaster that Carrie had already forgotten the name of, and she had started laughing simply because of how much fun she was having.

Meanwhile, Colby had decided the only thing he liked more than Carrie's singing was her laughter.

As they began walking away, Colby asked, "So, I take it you like it here?"

"I mean, it's all right," Carrie replied, jokingly. She shoved her hands into her coat pockets.

"Why don't we – ?" Colby started, but when Carrie suddenly stopped walking, he stopped mid-sentence. He turned to look at her. Her eyes were wide as she stared straight ahead. "Carrie?"

"Hey, why don't we go this way?" She asked, turning around and pointing in front of her.

"We just came from that way." He frowned.

"I know, but – "

"Carrie!"

A voice that Colby didn't recognize yelled at the singer, and she suddenly looked really uncomfortable. She still hadn't turned around, so he did, looking at the guy who had approached them.

Colby thought that he looked a little like Dean Winchester, but slightly shorter, and not as sad. Which meant that not only was he not Jensen Ackles, but he still didn't know who he was.

"Hi," Colby greeted, once the guy was close enough to have a conversation with.

Carrie laughed nervously and turned around. "Hey, Sam."

Now that he knew this was Carrie's ex-boyfriend, Colby was determined to get them away from him as soon as possible. He knew that she must be extremely uncomfortable.

"Oh, so you're Sam?" Colby asked. He stuck his hand out. "I'm Colby."

Sam frowned, completely ignoring Colby's hand and bringing his attention to Carrie. "You told me he left."

"He did leave," She responded. "But... he came back."

"You told me it was a one-night thing, that he left, and that he wasn't coming back."

"I said that I wasn't sure if he was coming back," Carrie clarified. "Why does it matter anyway? You broke up with me, remember?"

"I broke up with you because you were sleeping with him!" Sam exclaimed.

"It was one time!" She protested. "I am not sleeping with him." She sighed. "What are you even doing here?"

"You told me weeks ago that you were coming to Disney World once you got to Orlando," He told her. "I figured I'd stop by, and that we could hopefully talk." He glanced at Colby, who was frowning at him. "But I can see that you don't want to talk because you have a wrestler to hang out with."

He turned around and walked away.

"Sam!" Carrie yelled after him, but he didn't stop.

"You told him?"

Carrie was looking at the ground now. "Yeah..."

"You said he didn't know," Colby said. "That he broke up with you because you guys weren't spending enough time together."

"I know," She said, softly. She brought her head up to look at him. He was angry. Not at her, but at himself.

"I'm gonna go."

"Colby – "

"Go find Sam," He told her. "Tell him that I'm gone. He can have you."

Carrie didn't have it in her to yell again, so she just watched him walk away.

***

In case anyone is interested, Carrie and her siblings are named after literary characters. (Carrie by Stephen King; David Copperfield by Charles Dickens; and Viola is from Twelfth Night by Shakespeare.)

oh shit Colby found out about everything!! (also, I've never been to Disney World, so I didn't give names of anything at the park lol)

Let me know what you thought! :)