Chapter 1: Meet the Middletons

Kate had gotten back to the orphanage from a tiring swim practice when it was announced a couple was coming to adopt a girl. Kate's mind was racing "What do they look like?", "Will they adopt me?", "What will happen if they do adopt me?" A girl screeched.

"Ahhh, it's DANTDM!"

"Who?" asked Kate

"On of the biggest Minecraft YouTubers ever. I hope he and Jemma adopt me."

Kate sighed, she started to think this wasn't the family she was going to get adopted into. "How could a big YouTuber want a girl who is shy swimmer, who even hasn't gotten over her own parents deaths?", but relentlessly Kate went downstairs to see the family.

All the girls at the orphanage were a over them, Kate decided just to go off into the corner and just sit down and wait. A few moments later a figure appeared above her.

"Hello, young lady,"

She looked up it was the man who the girls had been crowding around before and he was talking to her.

"Hi" Kate said nervously

"I'm Dan and this is my wife Jemma. What's your name?"

"I'm Kate"

"Well Kate it is very nice to meet you, we were wondering if you would like to talk to us for a little bit?"

"Sure, I guess," Kate said

After talking for a little, Kate began to warm up to Dan and Jemma, telling them about swimming and how she loved it so much. They also talked about the couple's dogs named Ellie and Darcie. After hours of talking they said goodbye to each other and Dan and Jemma left.

"Kate, what did you and Dan talk about?" Asked one girl

"Dis he show you pictures of the pugs?" Asked another.

"Nothing much, now please move so I can go to bed I have a early morning practice tomorrow."

It had felt like days since Dan and Jemma visited the orphanage and Kate thought nothing of it. She just resumed with her normal life of swim, school, go back to the orphanage. She thought to herself that previous morning practice "I told you, they would never adopt a girl like you."

When Kate got back from school, she was shocked to see Dan and Jemma at the orphanage. Kate thought it was to see other kids until the administrator said "Kate, meet your new parents Dan and Jemma Middleton"

Kate thought 'new' would that mean they would replace her mom and dad, Kate finally spoke " I don't want them to be my parents I just want my mom and dad back."

Dan finally decided to step in and say "Do you think we will take the place of your parents?" Kate nodded.

"Well don't worry about that, you know what they will always be in your heart and me and Jemma can't take their place but we can help fill the void, Sound like a deal?"

"I guess we could try that" Kate said

Jemma spoke "We are so happy that you are coming to join our household, you will love Ellie and Darcie, they love to play with people."

"They sound like fun. I can't wait to play with them"

"Alright we will be back tomorrow when you get here from school and we will leave for our house, should give you enough time to pack and gather everything right?"

"Yeah that's more than enough time" Kate said

"We will see you tomorrow" Jemma said and both Dan and Jemma waved goodbye to Kate as they drove off.

"So your really being adopted by DanTDM?" Asked a girl

"Yeah, I guess so, I gotta go pack, see you later."