Code Purple

Will you hurry up? I will not be late to work too because of you.” I shout at Michael trudging across campus. Lucky for me I had only my last two classes with Michael who managed to scare away any boy that came near me. I also did a terrific job of avoiding Rory, Lilly, and River. The girls knew to give me my space and I’m pretty sure River didn’t even give a damn. Even in gym the only class I had with the girls kept their distance, I mean it could have been the death glares I was sending them or just because they knew better. Even Nathan who hadn’t even seen the lunch fiasco was avoiding me or at least that’s what it seemed like when I tried to get his attention the hall. It kind of hurt my feelings I wasn’t mad at them I just didn’t really feel like explaining to them with their constant nagging. When I returned from my pleasant lunch with Michael he was really good at making me laugh, even if was because he was using cheesy lines. He was exactly what I needed. We even talked about how much he missed home, and his mom and sister Sarah. It was nice to see him be more of person.

The buzzing in my pocket continued. I swear it was like the thousand text I had gotten since school let out. I grunted finally pulling it out to check.

Hey do you have work? I need you! Wedding set for June 23rd. – Robin

What kind of flower arrangement should I have? – Robin

Beach wedding or gardening wedding? – Robin

Do you think Uncle Stan would mind not being invited? I mean he’s not really our uncle and always finds ways to embarrass us. – Robin

Penny thinks that all the bridesmaids should wear a pearly pink, but mom says that would wash you out. I agree with Penny but I still don’t know what about you? – Robin

Stop ignoring me this is important to me. – Robin

I am going to tell mom you’re ignoring me. So stop. – Robin

I swear to god if you don’t answer me back I’m going to have a nervous breakdown then kill you! - Robin

Hey Kitten slow down your going to walk into a pole. – Michael

What walk into a pole? I wasn’t going to walk into a… BANG!

Oh my head.

“Kitten I told you to slow down.” Michael said rushing to my side helping me up.

“I know I just read it and that’s what made me walk into the pole genius.” I snap rubbing my head.

“Well you didn’t hear me when I told you to slow down. I thought you couldn’t run in heels.”

“I changed out of those monstrous things into my docs after gym. These babies make me fly.” I giggled. What why was I giggling? I do not giggle.

“Well maybe I should drive Kitten that bump looks nasty.”

“Yeah maybe you should.” I tell him. My head was starting to feel a little dizzy. My vision blurred in and out. How hard had I hit my head? Climbing in the back laying down across the seats maybe I just needed a nap.

“Hey Kitten don’t fall asleep okay? I don’t want you slipping into a coma on me. I would at least like to take you out before you then.” He says shaking me.

I swat his hand away. “Leave me alone I want sleep.”

“Well that’s all fine and dandy Kitten but I need you to stay awake and tell me where the hell to go.”

Shit that’s right he didn’t know his way around and I was in no mood to explain it to him, my head was throbbing way too much. “Get out I’ll drive.” I tell him rubbing my temples. The buzzing of my phone continued.