No Knights Needed

When the sun rose a loud ringing erupted throughout the whole house. I could hear the various groans from different corners of the house. Rolling over I see Mike is still laying next to me Oreo cookie residue caking his mouth. How he was able to sleep through all this god forsaken noise was beyond me. Wait a minute Mike stayed? I know I was the first time to fall asleep but I thought he would leave when he realized that I was sleep. Bella freshly dressed in boots and jeans hair braided back in one single fishtail burst into the room. Her face was blushing red hot.

“Oh I’m sorry. I didn’t realize that you a Mike were in bed together.” She said quickly.

“Oh no. Bella isn’t not like that.” I tried to explain.

“What’s going on?” Rory asked appearing the door way. Her face was priceless unlike Bella, who was beet red Rory wore a sneaky smirk as if she was proud of us for being in this compromising situation.

“It’s not what it looks like?” I try to explain. Which even to me sounds stupid and a lie.

“What isn’t what it looks like?” Lilly and River asked popping in. River still rubbing his eyes he looked like hell. How many more people were going to come in here and why isn’t Mike up yet to help to me explain this.

“Has anyone seen Mike?” Kendall asked from down the hall her footsteps getting closer and closer. So I did the most logical thing possible I pushed Mike out of the bed hard.

“What the hell?” he hollered with a loud thump. He was folded over taking the majority of the cover off the bed with him.

Everyone’s eyes were locked on me. So maybe I just made everything worse.

“What the hell dude? Why are you in bed with my sister?” River asked puffing his chest out. Clearly my brother is assuming what everyone had already thought.

Kendall pushed pass River to see Mike laying on the floor and me wrapped in the sheet. To say things didn’t look good was understatement.

“I fell asleep in here last night while we were watching a movie nothing happened. I mean come on I’m not a cheater.” Mike said proudly.

The look in Kendall’s eyes was as if she was struggling to believe him. She looked at me then back to him. She did one thing I would have never expected her to do. She laughed. Hard. I am most certain that she blown a gasket in her head. All of our attention was now on a cackling Kendall. As we waited for her to sober up tears formed in her eyes.

“Kendall?” Nathan asked placing his hand on her shoulder.

She couldn’t speak her laughter erupted only louder as she turned to leave out the room.

“What is all the commotion going on around here?” Grammy asked pushing pass the herd of teenagers. Mike sprang to his feet turning a blank sheet of white. So someone in this world does scare him.

“Vivian Scarlet Lascher, you better explain yourself right now young lady!” Grammy roared.

“Nothing is going on we fell asleep watching a movie I swear. I’m still a virgin Grammy I would never do anything like that in your house. Especially with my friend’s boyfriend.” I explained. The words coming out like word vomit I couldn’t possibly control it. Grammy shook her head before speaking again.

“Well you all need to get a move on the chores won’t do themselves.” She said glaring at everyone standing around. Quickly everyone dispersed, even Mike who had tripped on the blanket was the first out of the door.

Chores Grammy called them more like slave work. My hands were definitely rubbed raw from all the scrubbing and chemicals used to clean house. Grammy had given me and Mike extra work since we caught in bed together even though we both assured her nothing had happened, she was going to set example of us. It was nearly 3 o’clock when we were all finally finished. We had all decided to gather in the playroom to do some much needed relaxing.