ch.1: The boy who saved me

I was going to jump.

Nobody would stop me. I want to leave this life behind me. I stared at the rushing water that swept beneath the bridge I was standing on. This is it..... I took a slight step, when I heard a voice.

''You won't do it'', I turned to see a boy of about 18 or 19  walking slowly towards me.

I couldn't make out who exactly it was. I replied instantly and sharply, ''You have NO idea of what I will and won't do''. I edged closer.

He spoke again, ''If you really wanted to do it, you would be in the river already''.

I couldn't think of an answer, I slowly gave in and started to take a step back but i slipped. This is it, I knew this was meant to happen.  I was just about to fall when I felt a strong grip around my wrist, I looked up, it was that boy. I realised that I was actually in fact falling, I panicked. He managed to drag me onto the bridge,I landed next to him and we were both panting.

''Thank you'', I looked at him still breathing heavily.

''no problem'', he managed to say back.

we sat on the ground for a few minutes, I turned to him,

''I'm really sorry,but, I think I know you from somewhere''.

He left out a small laugh, ''I'm Nathan, an old friend of your brothers, we stopped hanging around about a year ago, I've been in your house a few times but, he changed''.

I nodded,'' I know, he's taken my parents death really badly, I'm hardly ever in the house anymore, he's not the same''.

he sighed, ''c'mon, we better get you back, I'll text everyone to say that I found you''. we both stood up and walked to my house, I stood outside my gate and came to an abrupt stop. Nathan looked at me confused. ''He's going to kill me''.  

Nathan took a deep breath, ''do you want me to go and talk to him first?''.

''would you?'', I asked in slight desperation. He nodded and walked towards the front door.

He knocked and my brother answered, He had a bottle of vodka in his hand as he was stumbling around, he looked confused at Nathan. He looked past him, saw me and burst out into a rant screaming at me.  Tears poured down my face, how did he get like this, why was he being like this to me. He was trying to make his way to me but Nathan pushed  him back,

'' WHAT ARE YOU DOING?, you're a disgrace, the whole town was out looking for you're sister, she could have been dead and you wouldn't have cared, you just sit on the couch drinking your life away instead of getting help, sort your self out''.

with that my brother slammed the front door in Nathans face. I stood their shocked. Nathan walked up to me, ''C'mon your staying with me''. I spoke surprised, ''I can't do that, I don't want to be any trouble to you, I'll just wait until he passes out and go to my room''. 

''I am not leaving you here with him'', he pulled me into a hug. '''It's OK,really, we'll take good care  of you''.

I pulled back, ''we?''.

He pulled back, ''YEA, we, I'll explain as we walk''.

and with that, I followed Nathan. It's weird how much trust I have in him, It's like I've known him forever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is my first ever fanfic about the wanted. pleaseeee leave comments, there'll be more soon.