Chapter 6 • Heartbreak

She stood behind the bush. Watching. Staring. Osana. Taro. Together. She hated the feeling. Her stomach dropped, her worst fears, after all this time was true. She.. shouldn't care though... right? After all, she had Budo. And Budo loved her.. Love. What a strong, deadly emotion.

    Ayano watched Osana and Taro walk away barely catching up on what the said. She stood up from behind the bush and her hands turned into a fist. She.. was angry.

    Ayano turned around to see that people were just arriving to school now. Ayano's heart leaped as soon as she saw Budo. She.. didn't feel...love.. towards him...? Did she? She couldn't tell. All she could feel was rage. She simply walked away, not looking back. Osana and Taro meant, nothing. To her... Right?

    Class was boring like normal, it was time for lunch. She promised Budo they'd eat lunch on the roof. But she wanted to surprise him. She ducked into the cafeteria, where she saw. Osana. Budo. Talking.

   Ayano freaked out. Was she.. jealous? Surely not. She peered over the corner, listening to their conversation.

   "Budo. Do you really love that silly girl?" Osana said, crossing her arms. Budo stared at Osana. "Of course I do.. I love her.." Osana smirked, leaning in closer to Budo. "But, she's interested in Taro. My Taro. Like the dummy she is! She can't touch.. my Taro." Budo dropped his cold gaze. He went silent. He finally spoke up after what felt like forever. "I may not be Taro, but I want to make Ayano happy. No I want to make her proud. I love her so much, I..." Budo paused. "I feel like someone is watching us.." Osana glanced around, "So it wasn't just me?"

   "Hey, come out! We know someone is there!" Osana hissed. Ayano slowly backed away, and dashed for the rooftop.