the lost boy

She always worked her ass off. She was always at the café. Always kind to everyone. Always nice to the elders. Always helping the poor. Always noticing certain little things. Always alone.

He was just a lost boy. A certain broken boy who was traveling around the world to search a certain beloved girl who had left him behind with a broken heart. He only wished to find her.

Let's say he finally found her. But that girl has moved on from their pasts. Will he still continue his journey after he had found her? Who knows...

Fate loves to play games.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Like the same old day, she's been working at the café again. She has been living in this small town ever since she was born. She knew these people from inside and out. She got no friends.

People around her age considered her as a freak. Not like she ever cared. She could do whatever she wanted. This's her life.

As usual, she put the mug down on the table and took a seat opposite from her only friend.

She would consider her as a friend even if she never knew about her past.

She only has her.

"You should give him a chance," she spoke first.

Her friend took a sip from the coffee and put it back down, finally looking back at her face.

"Should I?" There she said it again.

She always made her confused. She would never understand that girl.

"I guess so," she shrugged.

"He just started noticing me after that day...I'm not really ready for this right now," her friend replied.

She could see worry in her friend's eyes even if the latter was trying to hide. Nothing could escape from her eyes.

"I understand," she nodded.

The bell from the entrance door chimes, signaling the new customer has arrived.

She stood up, readying herself to take the orders.

Her gaze locked with gorgeous brown orbs.

The person who just arrived was the guy. The guy who was gorgeous in her eyes.

He was staring back at her.

That's what she thought.

But no.

He was staring at the person behind her.

She realized it immediately.

She stepped aside for the guy when he made his way in her direction.

He finally found her. He has been searching her for years after she left.

The girl who broke him apart.

All he wanted was to see her face again. Just one glance.