the wish they made upon a star

She was his shooting star.

He was her sudden wish.

She was desired by him.

He was enchanted by her.

Only one shooting star took to prove them that love at first sight exists.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

She was a bubbly peacemaker of her town. Everyone adored her. She promised herself that she would live her life to the fullest. Always seeing things positive and always sneaking out to see the stars in her secret place on a small hill. Only one negative thought in her mind. That was falling in love at first sight. She always laughed it off and said that it did not exist. Her friends also warned her that she would meet her match someday to prove it.

Of course, she shrugged it off like any other days. Celeste McCall never believed in love at first sight and no one could change that.

Her usual day started with seeing her two friends she made at the cafe, Tia and Faye. She knew Faye back in high school. Tia was her old classmate, Jax's new girlfriend. She was impressed at the guy's sudden change in girlfriends. She never liked his old girlfriend anyway. What more impressing was Faye hanging out with a new guy in town and that guy looked like he's not leaving anytime soon.

How she wished she had someone like that but no one could handle her childishness and bubbly type. She was just a friend to everyone. She grew up with no best friends. Sad life...wasn't it?

Then she found her other schoolmate, the popular jock hanging out with an unknown girl. Her town was changing bit by bit. She noticed that people had become more livelier than before except Caspian who lost the love of his life at such young age. It was saddening for her too. Lily was like her long lost sister and she had lost her dear sister to cancer. A tragic indeed.

"I found him," Celeste gave her attention back to the girl sitting before her in the cafe' with Tia sitting by her side and Faye on the other friend's side.

"No way," Faye gaped at the dark haired girl beside her.

"So? You did greet him right? You should have if you want to get close to him, Ivory," Tia sipped her hot chocolate, eyeing the girl.

"Of course she did! Right?" Celeste beamed.

Ivory didn't say anything much to Tia's interest.

"She didn't," Tia replied for her friend instead.

"I want to suggest finding some balls for you if you're a boy but too bad that you aren't...," the red haired girl paled and smacked her forehead.

"Oh," Celeste's gleeful smile faded away slowly from her rounded face.

"You did get his name right?" Faye asked again. She was resting from her job as a waitress.

Ivory nodded back solemnly. Tia just pushed her hand forward and patted her shoulder in reassuring manner.

"Really!? What's his name?! Is he really cute like you described in your dream!?" Celeste shrieked and bounced in her seat.