A more serious topic

Okay so I'm back from camp, it was pretty good, I met some people who knew Dan and Phil which was great.

Anyways... I kinda wanna talk about shipping...

We as a fandom are so intense about everything Dan and Phil do, honestly it's quite easy to get sucked into analyzing the tiny moments that are used as "Phan proof"

Okay so let's look at it this way, if you have a best friend that you often hang out with, you are close and sometimes get close physically, you hug occasionally, sometimes at sleepovers you share a bed, if you are trying their drink or food you might share a straw or bite off of where they did. Dan and Phil have been close friends for SEVEN years and lived together for five of those years. That's a lot of time in each others company, so they are obviously very close. And it's obvious they love each other. Now when I say that I don't necessary mean romantically, it could be romantic but until they specifically say that they are dating, if it ever were to happen, we really have no right to assume that they are. They have a life outside of the Internet that they don't have to share if they don't want to.

There is a definitive line when it comes to shipping real people, if you think it would make them uncomfortable then it's probably not the best idea to post that comment.

Yes they have a lot of chemistry, yes they seem okay with the ship to an extent, yes they encourage us to draw and write and create stuff which is amazing because they are so so supportive us and don't just treat us like teenager fangirls. And THAT is one of the reasons why we love them, we love them for their personalities and the content they make. If they were a couple we would still love them the same.

Now I'm really not trying to hate on people who ship, I love to ship and think fan art and fanfiction (obviously) are awesome creative thing to do, there is a lot worse you could be doing, and you can ship to your hearts content but please consider that they are real people with real feelings before you hit post on a comment or something.

If you would like to add to my thoughts on the matter or want to calmly disagree feel free to, I'd love to have a conversation on the matter :)

Okay that's all for now... I may post two or three chapters tomorrow because I'm leaving again on Friday for vacation and I wanna react to some stuff while it's still fresh in my mind  so that's it for today. I'm not trying to be rude about anything here and I hope you have a great rest of your day/night