Chapter 5: An Ambush and a Star Filled Night

Hey! Hopefully y'all are not too mad for such a gap in the updates, but It's the ever dreaded school time and I thought that before everyone was to start having... Ugh SCHOOL RESPONSIBILITIES it would be nice to kick back and relax with the ever addictive wattpad and read my little old story. As always read vote and comment, so far I have written five chapters and not a comment one. I want y'all's opinions and where you think or would like the story to head. I've had no inspiration lately and would love hear from y'all. If I end up going with someone's idea or your idea gives me inspiration I will dedicate that chapter to you. As always please excuse the horrible and sometimes obvious spelling mistakes.
Love always, tennis girl
_____________

Clay
By the time school rolled around the next day all I could think about was the date on Saturday and where I should take her. As lunch rolled around I was blocked by Baylee and Shaylee, both had their arms crossed and stern yet hopeful expression on their face. Shaylee pulled me outside the cafeteria with Baylee in hot persute. "Clay you may be extremely popular but let me say this once, if you hurt Sam or throw her away like a piece of trash we will personally see to it that the rest of your High school days will be a living hell" Shaylee threatened as she turned around poking me in the chest even when I towered over her. Holding my hands up in innocence I replied, "I have no plans to hurt her, she truly intrigues me." Baylee then stepped up with a small smile "good because she's had too much in her life for more heartache" I give her a curious look that she replies only "it's not my place and when or if she trusts you she will explain but don't push her" "ok I understand, but while you are here I have no idea why type of date to take her on!" I explain in frustration. Baylee looks at me in amusement as Shaylee replies "Clay, she's a cowgirl through and through not some sissy city girl. She likes the simple things in life and Nicolas sparks books, she's a god fearing girl and her daddy's baby girl. I think you will come up with something just fine." With that they smile and walk back inside leaving me to think about all they said and I think I have a good idea of what to do.

All week I have been planning and arranging for everything for Tomorrow, I just hope she likes it.....

Samantha
Today is the day, my date with clay. The twins have come over and helped to pick out my outfit. When I got out of the shower and saw the outfit it was great but one thing bugged me about it. "Girls this looks great but isn't it a little too casual?" The girls looked at each other then the outfit which was my best jeans (the ones with the least amount of holes and dirt stains) that hugged my hips and thighs and flared into boot cut with my nice black boots with a red fitted sweater it was a great outfit but I didn't want to be out of place if we went out. Shaylee then said "Sam, this is perfect it is totally you and if he can't see it then he's not worth it." I would believe her but the look she shared with Baylee tells me they know something but I let it go and start to dry my hair and start the tourcher to straighten my unruly red hair. After an hour and a half of primping at the twins demand I was done as the doorbell rang. As I went to my door they pulled me back and said "no no no he can wait to see you, build some suspense." But I had enough and said three words "daddy and Alex" they simataniously say "go" and with that I walk down stairs to hear daddy question clay like he is on trial "now where are you taking my daughter tonight young man?" As Clay was about to reply he saw me and told daddy "sir it's a surprise for Sam and she is right here, I'd like to keep it so, if you understand" daddy nodded with a knowing smile and said "sure son, but have her back before 12, ok?"  Nodding he agreed the he looked at me with the most charming smile saying "you look great! Are you ready?" Blushing I reply "thanks, yeah I'm ready." With that we head to his truck and I smile he glances at me and asks, "I'm glad you are smiling but what for?" Laughing I reply, "you just bumped up in brownie points, you have an old ford truck." He rubbed the back of his neck, nervous. "Yeah I think the old fords are more dependable, we've had this one for at least sixteen years." I smile and agree. Throughout the ride we talk about anything and everything, then we turn off onto a field and drive to an old barn. "Clay is this where you kill me?" I joke "wouldn't think of hurting a hair on that pretty head trust me." He smiles back, just then we turn around the barn and an old rusty Chevy sits backed up to the barn with a projector on the top of the Chevy. In the back of the truck was a pallet of blankets with pillows lining the truck bed. "Clay, this is so great! I love it, it's way better than a date to the movies!" I say astounded. "Yeah I thought movies under the stars would be nice." He says bashfully. As we get comfy in the bed of the truck he shows me what we are watching, "I have been wanting to see gods not dead but haven't had the time!" I say with excitement. "Good, and I also have gods not dead 2." He replies with a blush. "So we are going to have a movie marathon under the stars?" I ask in wonder. Shyly her rubs the back of his neck and says "yeah if you want, I thought you'd enjoy it" smiling I nestle beside him and watch the side of the barn and say, "this is great, I'd much rather do this than a movie and dinner date" settling in to watch the movie with an extremely handsome thoughtful guy.