Chapter 3| Getting Along

It turns out, that I have more questions to ask than I thought. I haven't mentioned or asked anything to do with sexuality. The conversation flows easily, and there is hardly any awkward pauses. And the ones that do happen, come from me getting extremely flustered over Damien moving.

While I asked him about his family, he shifted and his hand brushed against my exposed thigh. His clod touch made me shiver, and my face exploded in a red blush. Damien did apologise, and I calmed down. However, something like that happened again.

This time, I asked if he had done anything like this before, and moved closer to me. Our shoulders bumped into each other, or my shoulder his his upper arm since he's taller then me, and he kept prodding my foot with his own. It wasn't that bad, until he decided to take his shoes.

Every time his leg came into contact with mine, I had to hold back a squeak or a gasp.

Other than all of that, we seem to get along very well.

"Hey Damien,"

"Yes?"

"Because I have asked so many things about you, I feel like I should let you ask questions about me. Is their anything you wish to know?" I ask politely, and Damien hums in thought.

He stares out blankly, his chin resting in his palm.

"Okay, I have thought of some questions." He tells me, then adds "are their any boundaries?"

"Since you were so kind with answering all of my questions, no." I tell him, beaming at him.

The questions I had been dyeing to ask before float through my mind, but I ignore the urge to ask them.

"Where are you parents?" He asks.

"Well, my parents have gone to England. I think they are visiting some old relatives."

"Why didn't you go?" He says, facing me.

"I didn't exactly get an invitation. I just came home from school and they already had all of their luggage. My mother than kissed my temple and announced they were going to England." I explain, and Damien whistles.

"Wow. That's sounds rough."

"Oh! Not at all! My parents work so hard to get me everything I need, so they deserve a holiday." I tell Damien.

"Is a Ouija Board one of the things you need?" Damien asks, motioning to the abandoned board which is shoved onto my window bottom. The small circle is still on there, and it moved randomly whenever I asked Damien questions.

I guess that he's attached to the board somehow. I'll have to ask him about it.

"It's from my parents' room. I feel off of their bed and stumbled upon it."

"I'm not going to ask what you were doing on your parents' bed." He mumbles, and I give him a look.

"I wasn't doing anything unsanitary." I tell him, crossing my arms. "Do you mind if I ask you another question? And if you say what you said before, I won't be very happy."

"Go ahead." He says, tilting his head to the side and studying my face.

"Well, the board.. Are you attached to it? It keeps moving." I motion towards it, and Damien glances in the direction. Before he even answer, the circle moves and places itself on 'Yes.'

"Yes. As you've already seen," he then motions to the board, "if you ever say Goodbye, or break the board I'll disappear back into hell and you won't be able to summon me again." He says seriously. I look at the board.