Chapter 9| Confession

After we played the game Damien talked about, we decided to go back to my house. I'm not aware of the time, but it's stopped snowing, which is very rare in South Park, and there are lots of people wandering around the streets. I guess that school is finished for today.

As we walk, my mind runs mad with thoughts of Damien.

I think he feels the same way.

The game we played has just made it one hundred percent for me. Damien likes me the way I like him. There have been so many signs, I can't believe I haven't noticed before now. The game has just made everything so much clearer.

We were so close to kissing, and he broke away. The gleam in his eyes, one of mischief and something unknown. Plus, when we first broke apart I didn't notice it, but Damien's checks were grey. Barely noticeable, but they were defiantly a shade darker than his normal, pale skin tone.

A blush? It's very likely.

"I hate walking." Damien complains, dragging me out of my thoughts. "Can we not take a bus?"

"One, you are not walking. You are floating." I motion to his feet. "And two, I have no money for the bus." I tell him, and he sighs in annoyance.

Damien then moves. He floats behind me, and I feel him open the zip of my bag. I stop walking to make access to my bag easier, and when I feel it zip for the second time I begin walking.

He appears at my side, holding his beloved teddy bear. He stares down at it, smiling and hugs it to his chest.

"You know, I learned something today." I tell him, smiling brightly at him. He doesn't look up from the bear, yet he seems to notice my smile.

"That's very ironic, especially since you skipped school," I shake my head at Damien's comment, but don't drop my smile.

"I learnt that if I want to make friends, I just have to be myself." I say to Damien, who listens and waits for me to finish. "I also learnt, that demons aren't all scary. You are the kindest and greatest demon I have ever met."

Damien looks up, smiles, then makes a point. "I am also the only demon you have ever met."

"I'm trying to have a moment, Damien."

"Oops, but can I say you're the sweetest human I have ever met?" I smile at the compliment, my cheeks burning.

"Yes, you may."

"I'm glad I got the pleasure of meeting you, Pip Pirrup," Damien grins, and feel the urge to hug him. I hold it back, since we are in public and he is clearly not visible (also he's floating and I don't think I would be able to reach him).

"The feeling is mutual." I smile at Damien for the one hundredth time, "this is the most fun I've had in a while."

"I feel the exact same."

Then we walk in a comfortable silence. Damien floating quietly beside me, hugging his bear. I walk alongside him, the snow crunching under my boots is the only sound heard between us. As I breathe, my breath lingers in the air in a white mist. As Damien breathes, the same happens to him.

Even if we aren't speaking, I cherish this time with Damien. Just being in his presence makes me happy. My mind runs wild with thoughts of him, and I imagine us together. A couple.

I have fallen for this darkly dressed demon, and I believe he has fallen for me. He's so attractive, and I feel a constant pull towards him whenever we are alone. And if Damien feels the same..