Chapter 8: The Meal Gone Wrong

After the goods were distributed, the familiar brother to sans strode over to us. "______!" he beamed, dragging me out of my chair into a hug. "It's Been So Long" placing me down, he gave a broad smile. "Its nice to see you too papy, just not as much under these circumstances" I smiled lightly, giving Sans a quick glare which he gladly returned. "Sans, You Better Be Treating Her Right" he scolded. Sans shrugged, picking up his knife and fork. Sitting back down, Papyrus took the seat next to me. He seemed to be eagerly waiting. Lifting some of the spaghetti to my mouth, I took a bite. It melted in my mouth. woah, He must have improved his cooking skills since my absence.

"How Was It?" he asked, yet before I could swallow the mouth full, his expression suddenly dropped. "Frank, get my gun" he muttered to the man next to him. What? Sans turned his head to us. "What is it paps?" Frank quickly returned with a sniper rifle. Papyrus steadied it in his arms and aimed it right at me, giving me no time to react. My breath hitched as a shot sounded. Flinching backwards, I grabbed onto the nearest thing, while a shatter of glass alerted my nerves. Opening my eyes, I spun my head around, the window behind me was shattered into pieces, as a loud thump sounded from the tree "Did He Really Think He Could Ruin Our Dinner?" Papyrus let out a sigh, lowering the rifle. "another spy?" Sans asked, still nonchalantly eating. That's when I realized, I'd clung onto sans' arm in fear. "Probably" Papyrus shrugged, his expression returning to the regular smile. "So?" he looked down at me. Releasing Sans from my grip, I was still in shock. Giving Papyrus a blank expression he soon repeated. "So How Was It?" he gestured to my food. "u-um, really good actually!" I breathed a wavering breath.

After dinner, Sans escorted me back to my room. "really kept your cool back there" he chuckled. "A gun was aimed towards me" I retorted. "Papyrus never misses, you were fine" he started "And how was I supposed to know that?" I breathed, holding at my shoulders. I'd just watch papyrus kill someone, without any sign of regrets, or remorse! it made my skin crawl at the very least. How did they both become so cruel?

"trembling, now are we?" two hands were placed on my shoulders. Glancing back at Sans, I let out a deep breath. "Just let me leave" I spoke lowly. "Didn't we already have the conversation?" he smirked. His grip loosened slightly. "At least don't treat me like a prisoner" I protested face to face with him. He gave me a face of curiosity as if he was weary. "Fine, if it makes you shut up about escaping, you can have free rein round the house" he compromised. Was that really his best attempt? "You really are a monster" I seethed before leaving him, and heading down the hall. There must be a way out of here. "Don't get lost!" he called mockingly.