Chapter 7

Sarah looked at Xere. He couldn't see her face under her helmet, but she was confused.

"What did he want to tell me? Did something go wrong with the plan for the mission?" Questions filled her brain, but she tried to clear her brain from them. When he spoke, the words he said were very surprising. Nothing of what she ever expected him to say.

Xere opened his mandibles as he started to speak, "Sarah Palmer, I- er..." He was secretly mad at himself for stumbling over words already.

"Yes?" She asked looking at him now as she was taking off her helmet. She felt herself getting a little impatient, she but tried to calm down.

He tried speaking again, "I- um..." He took a deep breath and spoke. "'Sarah, ever since I met you... ever since you landed here on Sangheilios...  I have felt... happy, with you." He paused for a bit, trying to think of the right words on how he felt about her.

Sarah was somewhat confused. How does he feel happy with me? That doesn't make sense... I never tried to make him smile at all... Unless... She continued to listen to him. She had an idea why he said that, why he said that he felt this way.

Xere continued, "My hearts beat when I am with you, when I see you, or when I think about you. This feeling does not leave, which I do not mind. Everything about you is lovely. There is nothing about you that I do not like."

Sarah was understanding more now why he said this. Then something came to her. Did he...?

"I... I adore you Sarah... I- I... I love you..." He blushed light purple, though he immediately hid it afterwards.

(Sorry I took so long to post it... 😅)