Chapter 8

Sarah was speechless. She had no idea what to say to what Xere had said to her. She thought about it for a bit, to how to respond. She never was told this before, so she had no idea how to even react. Never thought that a Sangheili would say this to her either. She looked at Xere, as if he were patiently waiting for a answer, which he was.

She finally spoke up, "Oh." Which was all she could think of. She wasn't sure how she felt about him really. It was hard to tell with her. She never had to think about this before.

Xere saw that she had no idea what to say. He knew what love felt like since he used to fall in love with this beautiful Sangheili. Now, they were just very good friends. He still waited a bit longer if there was anything else Sarah wanted to say. If not, he would just leave.

He spoke before she could speak again, "If you do not feel the same that is alright. I will understand." He hid his feelings. He had to admit to himself, he probably will be a little sad if she didn't feel the same back. But, he would make sure it wouldn't bother him much than it would. He hid his sadness completely and just waited, just in case Sarah had anything else to say.

Sarah spoke up, admitting the truth, "I have never had anyone said they loved me. At least not what I remember. My parents probably had before I left, though it was love of a family. I'm not sure what to feel about this. This type of love is something I never had to worry about."

Xere smiled calmly at her as he gently put his fingers, that almost made a fist, and gently touched her cheek. He slid it gently from the top of her cheek down by her chin. He was hold her hand gently as well.

"I can teach you what love feels like Sarah. Only if you want me to."

Sarah thought about it quickly. She nodded slowly, a little. She started to feel a little different with Xere. She had no idea why, but she did.

Xere smiled a bit nodding back. He slowly and gently leaned his face to hers. His mandibles then slowly touched her lips, and they kissed.

Sarah felt something strange when he kissed her, it was something she never felt before. But to her surprise, she didn't try to stop Xere. They kissed for a few seconds as they both slowly released the kiss.

Xere smiled at Sarah, Sarah smiled back. She started blushing red without knowing. Her heart pounded rapidly. This strange new feeling filling inside her and flowing threw her body.

Xere blushed purple a bit still smiling. He was now holding both of her hands gently. He felt amazing, and extremely happy now.

Sarah realized she was blushing and put her helmet on embarrassed. Xere was going to stop her as he smiled. But then they heard footsteps behind them and they separated from each other, acting like nothing happened.