Chapter 15

"Clear a path. Get onboard the Guardian before it leaves! Take that Soldier down!" Locke aimed his gun at a Crawler, "Kill that one!"

The Arbiter then roared as he sliced an enemy with his blade.

"Copy!" Vale yelled back listening to what Locke said as they all continued to fight them.

"Watcher here!" Tanaka spoke and Buck immediately replied after.

"You see the Soldier here?"

Vale spoke again warning everyone, "They're gonna charge."

"Keep pushing, Osiris." Locke spoke as he shot, "We're almost to the Guardian!"

Tanaka warned a bit later, "Targets advancing." Then said, "Third blast."

Buck spoke after her, "Guardian's gonna leave any minute now!" He wasn't sure if they would make it.

"How are we going to get all the way up there?" Tanaka was also not sure if they could make it in time. Especially because how high up it was.

Locke spoke not even sounding worried at all, "All that matters is the Guardian hasn't left yet. There's still time."

Tanaka spoke after sometime, "I'm on it. You got it."

"No problem." Vale spoke after.

Buck then spoke as she said her second sentence, "You got it."

Buck spoke with a surprised, unbelievable voice, "How the heck is that thing here? We killed it."

"We don't have time to discuss it. Take him out, Osiris!" Locke replied.

The Warden Eternal spoke up yelling to his army, "Destroy them!" They fought his team a bit until he taunted, "Come here, little human."

"Darn it! We need to get on that thing!" Tanaka yelled wanting to leave and not miss it.

Locke replied to his whole team, "Deal with the Warden first! Focus fire, Osiris!"

Arbiter continued fighting, helping them this whole entire time. He yelled again as he hit more enemies. He was more angry as his shields had gone down.

Warden then yelled, "Enough!" Sometime fighting him he spoke again, "I will handle this myself." More fighting, "Away with you!" They finally defeated him not too longer after. "No! You must not reach Genesis!"

Vale was confused, "What's Genesis?"

Locke replied already knowing the answer, "It's where the Guardian's headed."

The team looked up and saw the Guardian starting to leave.

"Guardian's leaving without us!" Buck said.

Tanaka spoke trying to figure a way to get up there, "There must be some way to-" She turned to see a Pelican heading towards them as Commander Palmer's voice was heard through the comms. Everyone else turned with her to see who was coming.

"Osiris! Get your butts in gear! I'm coming in hot and you best be ready to go." Dr. Halsey was in the Pelican with her.

As soon as she said that, Locke spoke to his team as he started running, "Move!" His team following his lead. They jumped in when she was close enough, "We're on board."

Sarah was driving the Pelican as she spoke, "Hang on!" She flew as quickly as possible to the Guardian as the shooting was going on. Palmer spoke to Halsey, "Open your eyes, Doc. You're missing all the fun."

Halsey's eyes were closed, definitely not enjoying it.

Arbiter and the Swords fought off the rest of the Covenant that were in their area.

Sarah was trying to dodge all the shots until a Banshee shoot her which sent the team flying into the ship more. Halsey had moved from the impact but was still in her seat. Palmer was trying her best to control it as much as possible.

Buck then started sliding down towards the entrance of the Pelican.

Vale was worried as she saw him slide, "Buck!"

Locke was hanging on as he grabbed Buck's hand, saving him. He looked at Buck, "That's twice."

Buck looked back up, "What, we're counting now?"

Palmer got to the top as she spoke to Locke, "Locke! You get one shot!"

"Ready when you say, Commander!"

"Now!" Just like that, they jumped off and landed on the Guardian.

"All clear!" Locke replied seeing no enemies.

Soon, a blast hit everyone making all ships fall. Including Sarah's.

Osiris left, with the Guardian leaving not long after.

Thel went to kill a Storm Sangheili which, was a Ranger. He looked up to see the Guardian leave. "Hunt them to the last. Today we extinguish the Covenant's light forever!" He raised his swords in the air as the other group of Swords raised their swords in the air roaring in agreement.